New 120g

Yea and it killed them fast. That milli in the picture above has more and more of the long polyps coming out everyday. Still no color coming back. It was orange with green polyps. I need to get a cheap or free Acropora to see if the tank is good for coral again

Please drop by and I will give you a free test acro.

So got a frag from Dong today. I don't know what it's called but it's super nice and much thanks goes to Dong for giving me a test coral. Anyways polyps came right out and coral looks healthy. Once I see new growth I will say the tank is safe

how can you tell that the coral is healthy when it's only been in your tank for less than a day?
I would say at least a few weeks to know for sure but not one day for sure.
please be advised.

how can you tell that the coral is healthy when it's only been in your tank for less than a day?
I would say at least a few weeks to know for sure but not one day for sure.
please be advised.

that's what I said above. when I see new growth I know the tank is safe. typically new growth starts 1-2 weeks after adding a coral to a new environment, thanks for the concern

So tank is stable and I got some nice frags from Dong that are doing great. I ended up losing all but two corals one was a birds nest I got at the sept Brs meeting and the others is a pink milli that still hasn't colored up.So I went ahead and did a coral buy from affordable reefs on reef central and an order with unique corals that just came in today. Wish me luck. Will be the last corals I buy till maybe next year summer time hopefully

First picture is the corals I got from affordable reefs.
WWC Dayglow
Sexy Coral Orange Passion
Tyree Tierra Del Fuego
WWC Dragon Slayer
Palleta pink tip
TSA Tweety Bird
Tyree pink lemonade
396445ba86c96ff3a4a4a7052ed78f9a.jpg

Unique corals
Uc pink Bali shortcake
Pro corals rainbow
Exquisita
Blue Vermiculata
Blue ice tenuis
UC Firecracker acro
Neon tenuis
Uc red monti cap
Montipora stellata
40ecd84caefd33012b16058c70975083.jpg

Last edited:
Also got a free frag from affordable reefs, said I got the first frag and it's called AR blue tip sherbet

Here's the frag I got and a picture of the mother colony below
6251d4bc99a05f31c5c746d02ed9a6e6.jpg

c94337c9a30562723c9989f137ea48a3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those frags are looking awesome!
Pink lemonade is a classic and my all time favorite. I have to check on mine. It's a slow grower and it was overshadowed by another sps colony.

Yea the one I got from affordable reefs I don't think is the real deal tyree pink lemonade. I got a frag of it from Dong that is super nice though and looks just like pictures online of the real tyree pink lemonade that people got from Steve tyree.

Either way the coral I got from affordable reefs is a nice coral either way and what he charged for his was no where near what others are charging for theirs so it was a good little score

I'll get a picture of both tonight the coral insepf the way it grows looks diff

Unless the corallites structures are the different, the same acro can have slightly different growth form depending on the light and flow.
Regardless, what you have up there is a nice lemonade.

Here's mine.
original.jpg

A more recent one. You can see it in the background.
original.jpg

What's that blue coral and do you have pieces of it?

Also nick are you up to giving me some lessons on taking photos. I can't get good photos with my d3300 and 105mm sigma lens

That's an Oregon Tort. I have 3 pieces of the same acro in three different places in the tank. One from Greg's tank, one from Greg that was traded to Tropical isle, and one from Greg's tank that I broke off during cleaning. And guess what, they are all different! I can sell these with 3 different names and nobody would even know it.
http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums/showthread.php?147268-Look-What-I-Got!!-My-Precious!

You can bring your D3300 over and I can show you how I would use that camera.

Last edited:
I'm in the middle of transferring the livestock from the Elos to the Miracle and will likely go into this weekend. I'm usually home doing yard work and clean up on Black Friday while all you hooligans are on the road shopping. We can do it then.

465f34bec5291fc3d84e7d3bbc23bc41.jpg

Got this avast k2 kalk stirrer a couple months ago but wasn't in a rush to build it because a had no coral so I finally got around to building it and just hooked it up few mins ago. Seems to be doing alright

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back