Fluconozal for Bryopsis

Reefer508

BRS Member
Has anyone tried this? Been fighting some Bryopsis for about 6 months now. Raised Mag over 1800 and it will recede a bit but then comes back after about 2 weeks.

I've used it, it all died as advertised. One thing is I didn't have a strong enough clean up crew to eat the dying stuff so it kind of just sat there dead for too long.

I had luck getting rid of it by using a small toothbrush to lightly loosen it up with fine mesh net to collect it. What I did though was put it into my Refugium and increased the Refugium light hours. After a while the amount growing in the Refugium was competing to fast for any to grow in the display tank. I increased the flow in the display and introduced additional snails in the display and Refugium. Anytime I saw a chunk I could grab in the Refugium I would toss it in the trash. It eventually disappeared.

I heard it was the silver bullet for briopsis raising mag doesn't work unless it's "OLD" Kent tech M the changed the formula had friends dose I beleive 10-20mgper 10 gallon one time dose shut off and clean reactors and remove and filter media

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not even 24 hours since dose and starting to see white tips on algae. All corals and fish look great, no ill effects. I will need to replenish clean up crew as the Magnesium reeked havoc on them.

Have you had any nitrate or phosphate spikes from the decaying stuff?
Yes a little. Phosphate @ .25, normal 0 . Nitrate @ 20 ppm, normal 5 . I trimmed as much as I could before starting to minimize it. Also changing filter socks every 3 days and added 30 Astraea snails.

I just ordered some fluconazole for my 6 gallon dwarf seahorse tank to take care of my emerging bryopsis issue. Anyone have experience with flucon and seahorses and macro algae? I have many kinds of macro algae in the tank as well as a purple ribbon gorgonian

Just did a big water change after the Fluconazole treatment. Some of the nastiest yellow green water I've seen coming out of my tank. All coral look great, fish are acting normal, and no nuisance algae to be seen. Will be doing a full round of testing tomorrow.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back