Power outage

They can take a lot more abuse than you think. Of course, you have to keep your common sense and not get the outlet and plugs wet. Under a deck or a porch is perfectly fine. I also don’t think it needs to be 15’ away from the house. I think 6’ away from any windows/doors with the exhaust pointed away from the house is perfectly fine. And again, you have to use your common sense as to what is safe or unsafe during a storm.

Question about placement: For the Honda EU2000 how important is it to be protected from the elements? There isn't a way for me to keep the unit 15' ft from my home without exposure to the elements, and I already had a porch fire last spring which I am not looking to repeat (nor is my landlord).

View attachment 118594

Hi All,

With an Nor'easter approaching I'm offering some extra battery backup pumps for anyone to borrow. I have at least two available for use. If you need pumps please contact me at Sean.brooks.irwin at Gmail.

I live in Somerville, close to 93. I won't be home until after 7 pm tonight.

Better stock up on gas! North and South shore are expected to be in blizzard condition.
Reminds of 2015 Winter season ehhh?

Just changed the oil in the generator today, 20 gallons of gas stored, and a case of beer, Bring it on mother nature Grrrr!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

So my wife had an electrician out to check why her switches in the food truck were not working right.... our generator is putting out 440 volts instead of 220! The normal plugs are juicing out 220 instead of 110.

If we have a power outage... would I be killing my pumps and heater with that voltage? What about my pellet stove? We were able to borrow a generator from a friendly food truck vendor but I am curious about the repercussions if I wanted to use both generators.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So my wife had an electrician out to check why her switches in the food truck were not working right.... our generator is putting out 440 volts instead of 220! The normal plugs are juicing out 220 instead of 110.

If we have a power outage... would I be killing my pumps and heater with that voltage? What about my pellet stove? We were able to borrow a generator from a friendly food truck vendor but I am curious about the repercussions if I wanted to use both generators.

Yes you will trash anything you try to run off of it. Btw generator should be putting out 120/240 volts

Sounds like a bad voltage regulator

Yeah that’s what I meant :) 240/120. We were able to borrow a Honda eu3000. So our loaner has fewer watts but a much quieter and steadier product!

Geeze already starting power has gone on and off 5 times already. Still on as of 2 min agoTo soon to need the generator ugh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Geeze already starting power has gone on and off 5 times already. Still on as of 2 min agoTo soon to need the generator ugh!

Ya we're getting the same flickering over here, hopefully that's all it turns out to be

You said you are on grant road correct?

My last outage was at 7:49. I unplugged my apex display it seems they do not like these kind of blips. This is when my last on failed [emoji102]

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back