265 gallon

1spotpooalot

Non-member
Well. My 265 is on it's way. Here's my attempt at a DYI stand

Attachments

• 20181124_194046.jpg
    20181124_194046.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 553
you can put a 500 in that thing man. Great job. I'm sure you are putting the sump and other stuff in a separated room right?

you can put a 500 in that thing man. Great job. I'm sure you are putting the sump and other stuff in a separated room right?
No. It will fit underneath. I planned for the cloud 9 RB skimmer which is only 21inches tall. Since my width foot print is a little smaller than I like, I may split two tanks underneath for sump... lol it sure yet

I’m going to try blue on my next tank. Heard it gives you a deeper dimension to the tank. Don’t know but will give it a shot lol

I’m going to try blue on my next tank. Heard it gives you a deeper dimension to the tank. Don’t know but will give it a shot lol
Yea...I could see that. I have a 72 that has a blue background...its...re freshin g ...lol. But with the overflows being black, i wasnt sure if it would clash...or shorten the tank look. Just played it safe i guess. This will be way to big to change my mind

Pushed it in place and have my temporary sump/plumbing in place
Great work...Just curiosity, are you placing the return pump before your skimmer? I thought it would be the other way around, water coming from the tank going over the skimmer and then the return pump pumps up. Just curious because maybe I did my wrong. Thanks

Him the drains will dump into the skimmer chamber first, then over the media all before the return pump. This is how I have my 93 set up now too....but as you can see, my sump is way too small. I will be re plumbing at a later date after i get a better set up...i.e spend more money

Him the drains will dump into the skimmer chamber first, then over the media all before the return pump. This is how I have my 93 set up now too....but as you can see, my sump is way too small. I will be re plumbing at a later date after i get a better set up...i.e spend more money
Oh now I got it. Thanks for the reply and happy holidays and good luck with your new system!

That tank is going to be awesome. I'm jealous of your open stand that will let you work in and modify your sump easily.

I have plastidip on my tank and it is the way to go for sure.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back