What is this?

Rgbpixels

Non-member
Hello,
Anyone know what this is? It’s every where. I have been running GFO and everything is in check. I built an algae scrubber last week and it’s still clean. I tried uploading a video but it didn’t work.
fa34dde6b2bfe41a18c4df94fc396d0d.jpg
33cccb33ed29287a697607b205e4f10e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s strange looking. I haven’t seen that before. It looks fuzzy.... kinda like a mold or fungus growth.

Good luck with the search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My buddy got this when he started with dry rock and bacteria in a bottle. It was defeated by manual removal over a few weeks along with maturation of the rock. If it’s the same stuff it would come off in clumps when turkey basted and it was slimy and gelatinous in texture.

If it looks like real short clear GHA then I had the same thing when I started with dry rock as well. Snails didnt eat it either. But my blenny I think picked at it. I just left it alone, ran carbon and GFO and it went away on it's own like most of my algae issues have so far.

The vitamins and aminos are carbon sources. If you can just avoid them for a bit and see if it changes. Also the granulated carbon and gfo will help clear it up some

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back