Faucet adapter not sealing properly for RODI unit

Butchy21

BRS Member
Curious if anyone has any suggestions / experience with a faucet adapter spraying water everywhere while trying to run my portable RODI unit.

Our sink faucet was just changed recently and the faucet adapter was working just fine. Now I can't for the life of me get a good seal - it just sprays water everywhere from the top junction.

Would be more of a threading issue or more an effect of a damaged washer?

Attachments

• IMG_2468.jpg
    IMG_2468.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 239
Missing O ring or incorrect size O ring.
Also, a little of plumbing tape goes a long way.

I have the same O-ring that came with the diverter and it has some small scuffs on it so maybe those are affecting the seal?

I will def try some plumbing tape though.

Place one of these on the cold line beneath the sink where it feed the faucet, then attach a John guest style ball valve onto the RO line you will have feeding off part of the tee so you can shut it off and disconnect the unit for storing somewhere else. More professional this way
Litorange Lead Free 2 PCS Brass Angle Stop Add-A-Tee Valve 3/8" Female by 3/8" by 1/4 Inch Male T Extender Water Compression Easy Connect Tee https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KG5QPF5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_RRtNCbTXDKTA7

Place one of these on the cold line beneath the sink where it feed the faucet, then attach a John guest style ball valve onto the RO line you will have feeding off part of the tee so you can shut it off and disconnect the unit for storing somewhere else. More professional this way
Litorange Lead Free 2 PCS Brass Angle Stop Add-A-Tee Valve 3/8" Female by 3/8" by 1/4 Inch Male T Extender Water Compression Easy Connect Tee https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KG5QPF5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_RRtNCbTXDKTA7

Ball valve would be something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/John-Guest-P...+valve+3/8&qid=1553809083&s=hi&sr=1-1-catcorr

Just use pipe tape or use a saddle valve tapped into the cold water line under the sink. I did this and mounted Ro/Di under there as well.IMG_20190328_193658.jpgIMG_20190328_193717.jpg

+1 on the plumbing tape....also if using a saddle valve that pierces the copper, it’s better to do after the shut off or valve, that way if it doesn’t seat properly or malfunctions you can shut off

When I used my faucet adapter it was leaking below the sink due to back pressure. The pipes couldn't handle it. I didn't want to pierce the piping either. In Braintree I would just swap out the cold washer hose connection anytime I wanted to make water, and I had perfect pressure that way. The new house I just had them install a faucet valve in conjunction with the cold water pipe for the washer. I find the hose connection the best so far. If your rental has a washer try that way.

If your removing, installing all the time double check the loc line on the adaptive connection. Removing, and adding tends to loosen the connection enough to leak via the twisting tight movements.

Attachments

• 20190329_074133.jpg
    20190329_074133.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 160
Another common cause for this is over-tightening. If this is the cause, you'll probably need to replace o-rings/gaskets.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back