Where do you buy?

TJ Reefer

Formerly Known as FishFail
BRS Member
Just curious since I'm new. Where does everybody get their livestock? Local, mail order, other. just looking for everyones opinion.

I prefer to buy local vs online for livestock... however, it depends where you live. I am in Acton and buy my fish and inverts from Fish Nook Pet Center. They keep the fish in their quarantine for at least 2 weeks so what you buy has a high rate of survival.

There is a thread on this forum about the fish centers. See which is closest to you. Read their reviews and talk to them. Good luck!

If you’re north of Boston there’s love the reef in Wilmington
European Aquatics’s is somewhere near Lynn, I think lol
For corals Acro Gardens in concord ma

If you’re north of Boston there’s love the reef in Wilmington
European Aquatics’s is somewhere near Lynn, I think lol
For corals Acro Gardens in concord ma
Been to Love the reef and European aquatics will try acro gardens.

I prefer to buy local vs online for livestock... however, it depends where you live. I am in Acton and buy my fish and inverts from Fish Nook Pet Center. They keep the fish in their quarantine for at least 2 weeks so what you buy has a high rate of survival.

There is a thread on this forum about the fish centers. See which is closest to you. Read their reviews and talk to them. Good luck!
Thanks will look them up.

I bought a tang and a wrasse from unique corals a couple years ago. They are still doing great. Only time I bought fish online.

Also lovely pets in Quincy has a pretty cool selection on the right day.

I have had good success with fish from The Fish Nook and Reef Junkeez.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back