List of local coral & fish (old thread)

Tropic Isle will be moving in 2019. Sold the current building.

ATTENTION ALL CUSTOMERS

Tropic Isle Aquarium is moving to a new location for JANUARY 2nd

The new address will be 1094 Worcester Rd Framingham, MA

The new location is right on RT 9 about a mile and a half west of our current location on the east bound side of rt 9. Lots of sales and specials going on!

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up Matt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah ok, Was wondering when I was there a few weeks ago why so many tanks were taking down. They were selling a lot of used equipment.

Indeed, I will make a trip myself this week. Last time I was there I notice they have CFL bulbs to replace my Corallife unit. The light is amazing for growing house plants and the bulbs are hard to find!

They are moving down the road so are selling down. I forget when the move is taking place.

Tropical Isle is moving to 1094 Worcester Road in Framingham, which is about a mile and a half west of their current location. The new location is set to open on January 2nd.

Yes they have marked a lot of stuff down, hoping there will be less to move.

Years ago they were a club sponsor. If you stop in, mention you are with Boston Reefers, maybe we can get them to sponsor again.

They are moving down the road so are selling down. I forget when the move is taking place.

Already moving in, I stopped by the new spot on Sunday and got a quick peep inside. Should be pretty nice when all up and running.

PS, did Lovely Pets close? a friend of mine was there a couple weeks ago and mentioned they're closing.. is it true?

Not that I’m aware of
Was there Sunday didn’t see anything different and Steve didn’t mention anything

PS, did Lovely Pets close? a friend of mine was there a couple weeks ago and mentioned they're closing.. is it true?

Think its just a rumor floating around for some years now due to Quincys development plans, but I think the last convo I had with Steve he said they were not moving anytime soon. They had that on their website too, so I'd be surprised if that has changed.

My experience with European Aquatics was horrible. I'm new to the Hobby and I will never spend a penny there again.

My experience with European Aquatics was horrible. I'm new to the Hobby and I will never spend a penny there again.

Sorry to hear. Please let us know what happened. I like to be aware of places I should steer clear of.

Curious for some more detail since I had the opposite experience.

I went to European Aquatics yesterday for the first time and had a great experience. Me and the owner, Martin, talked reefing for at least a half hour. You can tell he is knowledgable and passionate. He was excited to show me the work they are doing in the back room since he will be expanding with a ton more space.

Nice zoo collection: most of them are $5 polyp. Picked up an orange plate and a few zoo frags, all corals were happy in my tank within a few hours.

Sorry to hear. Please let us know what happened. I like to be aware of places I should steer clear of.

I would like to share my experience with the store that is quite different from many of the other reviews. I believe prices are reasonable. I was a frequent supporter and purchaser at the store for a few months. I was having trouble with my tank and Marty suggested I upgrade to a125. We agreed on pricing and timeframe. Unfortunately the install changed from January to mid January eventually weeks turned to months. And by April I still had not had the installation done. I knew being a small business Marty needed some cash so I paid $600 in advance for the tank And stand and a $150 for corals and fish. Then the final straw. He changed the agreed on price up 1000+ dollars. All the while I had been changing my work schedule to accommodate him. There were numerous days I would take off because he was coming to install the tank. Only later find out by noon time it wasn't ready. I lost thousands of dollars in potential overtime and lost productivity myself. So a couple of weeks ago I did what anybody else would do canceled and asked for a refund. I was still willing to be a customer because I felt that Marty is a good guy he just bit off more than he could chew. However the last straw was when he blamed me For leaving him in a bad spot. He took very little responsibility And it was his inability to meet his own deadlines and prices that cost him the job. I received a refund and a few item must to make up for what I had spent. But I will never again be a customer of European aquatics.

What really upset me is the owner still was upset with me because he ordered items I didn't accept. He needs to take responsibility for his inaction.

Butchy21 I believe I walked in as you were wrapping up. you could probably feel the tension however I wanted to be made whole.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back