Tropic Isle moved location.....?

italquam

Non-member
Any idea why Tropic Isle moved to a smaller store
The original store was awesome.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Don't know, but the lemon butterfly I got from the new place is doing awesome!

The new place seems smaller, probrably has something to do with cheaper rent and being closer to the highway, more “foot traffic.” They were tucked away in that beat up looking building.

The new place seems smaller, probrably has something to do with cheaper rent and being closer to the highway, more “foot traffic.” They were tucked away in that beat up looking building.
True but the old building had a lot more tanks for live stock and also more aquariums available for purchase

At certain times of the day the traffic would be so bad it was hard to get to the old location. I am imagining that had something to do with it.

I’m pretty sure it was a lease issue. The old location was a two story building and they were forced to lease the whole building. At times they had a tenant for the upper floor, but most of the time they had no one renting that space. I believe the landlord wanted too big of an increase for renewal of the lease. The new location is smaller and they are still getting organized in the new space. I still find the selection of fish and supplies to be better than most in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went in while they were still moving in to new location. Asked the young lady that had been at the old location for some time. She said the electric bill was 10k+ at times and the roof leaked bad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I went in while they were still moving in to new location. Asked the young lady that had been at the old location for some time. She said the electric bill was 10k+ at times and the roof leaked bad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
That explains it

The owner sold the old building and moved to a smaller location so that it is more manageable due to his retirement age. He owned the old location for decades.

The owner sold the old building and moved to a smaller location so that it is more manageable due to his retirement age. He owned the old location for decades.

Makes sense , hopefully they stay open. There are less and less stores for this hobby in Boston area.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back