Trident maintenance

reefer125g

Non-member
So just heard you have to send these back to Neptune every 8 mo for maintenance in the original box at the tune of over $100. Bucks +shipping both ways . Or no warranty. I guess I will be sticking to Hanna checkers .

Here’s a snipet of this link form Neptune’s
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/trident-faq-official.595650/
276B1814-E96E-4349-A688-1AE084F7DDB0.jpeg

mind stream looking better and better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So just heard you have to send these back to Neptune every 8 mo for maintenance in the original box at the tune of over $100. Bucks +shipping both ways . Or no warranty. I guess I will be sticking to Hanna checkers .

Sorry that is not true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol.
When was the last time you spend 100$ of all test kit for 18months.

When was the last time you could keep your alk + or - .1 Dkh 24hrs a day from what you want it set at and not have to open a test kit. Or have it automatically adjust my dosing while I’m working half way around the world for 10 days lol

And I’m pretty sure any unit you buy from any manufacturer like this is going to need maintenance for it to work properly and accurately.

When was the last time you could keep your alk + or - .1 Dkh 24hrs a day from what you want it set at and not have to open a test kit. Or have it automatically adjust my dosing while I’m working half way around the world for 10 days lol

When I have a CA reactor. +/-0.0001 for a lot longer than 10days. All controllable all over the globe but you already know you don’t have to mess with it once set up.

When I have a CA reactor. +/-0.0001 for a lot longer than 10days. All controllable all over the globe but you already know you don’t have to mess with it once set up.

ditto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

all the automated testers need to be sent out or have some sort of maintenance on them. I have a trident and love the thing. yes it is kind of annoying having to send it in but id rather keep my parameters spot on with the trident controlled dosing.

Can you show me your graph for your alk trend? Would like to see this + or - .0001 stability over a 24hr period.

Can you show me your graph for your alk trend? Would like to see this + or - .0001 stability over a 24hr period.

Haha. Got me. But I don’t need to rely monitoring a graph 24/7 to have a healthy reef. I actually prefer not to.

Haha. Got me. But I don’t need to rely monitoring a graph 24/7 to have a healthy reef. I actually prefer not to.

You are correct, no one needs one to have a healthy reef and my reef was healthy long before I bought any Neptune products. And I understand why some people wouldn’t want one. But for me and my crazy busy life I love mine. I travel for work every couple months for 7-10 days at a time and the only way I feel comfortable leaving my fish and corals is knowing my Neptune system will alert me if anything is going wrong.

Well that was the info I was given. That post you quoted is from May 7. Wonder if something changed . If anyone finds out the story let me know. But the cost of that system just got more expensive to run,

The maintenance is something they recommend to prevent a failure because people are using this to control dosing. You don’t have to do it until it stops testing properly. If you don’t it does not void your warranty. The Trident has small dosing pumps in it that need parts replaced just like any dosing head.

6986feb607ca0656fb73064e594293ad.jpg

Neptune has a good website that has all there info on it and also a great Facebook page For help.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back