The Rebuild Begins.......

This a real head scratcher. Not happy if this is the case.

I ordered 6 medium sized foundation rocks, 3 small foundation rocks, and 65lbs of shelf rock.

This looks a little light to me. What you guys think.

3169c96c4d280c7235bb9fb0464894fc.jpg

Last edited:
Did you weigh it yet?

Doing that next.

Put it this way. The foundation rock is sold in pieces. I ordered 9 of those alone.

Thats 14 pieces shown in the pic minus the smaller broken off pieces. That would suggest that 5 of those pieces equal 65lbs.

The medium foundation are suppose to be 9-13” each and 4-7 lbs.

Small foundation are 4-9”

I know that rock is pretty dense but I don’t see 65 lbs of it

It makes more sense if this was just the foundation rock but tracking shows 1 number for everything of 4 boxes total.

I just weighed. Granted im taking my weight plus the rock minus my weight so give or take a few lbs i came up with 66lbs. 4-8lbs average per piece.

The weight per piece seems more in line with the foundation rock. I never ordered either so I cant say for sure.

Even if you take their min for foundation at 6pcs thats 24 lbs. The small at 3 pieces min is 6lbs. Thats easily 30lbs not there.

So appears the remaining small foundation and the medium foundation were never sent.

I ordered 50lbs reef saver and it came as like 3 big 3 medium and a couple tiny ones.

I ordered 50lbs reef saver and it came as like 3 big 3 medium and a couple tiny ones.

I wish more of a variety of sizes get pics. Guess its the downside of ordering blind like that.

Ill end up breaking up some of those pieces and prob order more.

Was hoping to have my rock work done by now. If you can believe it I still do not have all my foundation rocks. Three shipments have been sent with one rock in each. Im still owed 5 pieces.

Wish I had more updates but once again the build has slowed due to just a lot of other things going on.

I was playing around with some floss cup ideas the other day. I am going to be switching from filter socks.

Ran it a little and wasn't fully happy with results. Have a few more things I want to change to optimize. I do like the cover but when the floss starts getting dirty it basically deflect that water over the cup.

I want to add a piece to go down the center to force the flow throw the floss from the middle rather through the top.

78CE8BBF-1D01-48E0-B86C-FB807E9EE2EC.jpeg
E1FE5D71-CE4C-4DA2-B79D-8E952FAAC404.jpeg

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back