PROTEIN SKIMMER OPTIONS

FREAKINRICAN69

BRS Member
Hello All,

I have a SCA-301 and looking to replace it with a bigger protein skimmer with the same foot print. Can anyone advise what will work in my situation as i'm trying to setup for a 80g deep blue shallow soon and the SCA-301 can only handle up to 65g.

Foot print for the Skimmer Size is: 4.25" L x 7" W x 17" H Ideal Water Level is 6 to 7"

Any if all input is and would greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

A bigger skimmer normally have bigger foot print. The size of the chamber is proportional to its capacity these days as every manufacturers are making cone shape or semi cone shape skimmers.
Gone are the days when they made tall and skinny skimmers.
I carry Coralbox and Bubble Magus skimers which IMO is pretty much on par with SRO skimmers. They are less expensive than SRO and they work just as good.

Please feel free to let me know if I can be any assistance to choose a suitable skimmer for you, thank you very much
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello All,

I have a SCA-301 and looking to replace it with a bigger protein skimmer with the same foot print. Can anyone advise what will work in my situation as i'm trying to setup for a 80g deep blue shallow soon and the SCA-301 can only handle up to 65g.

Foot print for the Skimmer Size is: 4.25" L x 7" W x 17" H Ideal Water Level is 6 to 7"

Any if all input is and would greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

I run the model one size larger but this is close to your wishes

https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/1...MIuN-lsJmQ5QIVJYNaBR2vBQHQEAQYAiABEgJZM_D_BwE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5.12 x7.88 inch foot print,
20.8 inch tall
Rated for 130 gallon.
This is a new product from Bubble Magus
b0603cb398338dddb21f0fc4d5bcbcff.jpg

I can order this skimmer for you and provide technical support and warranty service.

I now can order full line of Bubble Magus products.

Was more than I expected to waste but is the answer/solution to my build for sure. I’ll definitely let you know and order it through you if I don’t find another solution. If I was to use the sca-301 rated for 65g on a 80g would that become an issue in the meanwhile I save some loot or?

I don’t think your current skimmer is an issue. Many beautiful tanks do not use skimmers. Many tanks under skim also.

I also have wholesale accounts so if you need any prices on anything let me know, I’m in tax free NH so I can probably save you a few bucks.

There is no standard to rate skimmer capacity, most manufacturers use air draw rate and skimmer body size as references.
So a skimmer rated at 65 gallon can work perfectly on a 80 gallon tank.

There is no standard to rate skimmer capacity, most manufacturers use air draw rate and skimmer body size as references.
So a skimmer rated at 65 gallon can work perfectly on a 80 gallon tank.

Well noted, thanks you all for your feedback on this. It's greatly appreciated.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back