Gen 5 Radions?!?

Nooooo! Those are G6 pro.
Haha the cheap chinese boxes they had it right all along. Dong has been saying about the pucks being no bueno for a long time. It only took 5 gen of one of the most popular lights to catch on.

Flash back to 2008, this was the very first LED reef lighting, the PFO Solaris:
0EB1AA43-8A67-460C-8747-0C70A9F0AB9D.jpeg

Nope. The glass pieces of my tank is still in the oven for tempering process. Long way to go. Probably won't see it in my driveway until May. I'm letting this beta tested first.
Beta test is the key word.
Lets wait and see.

I “beta tested” the new Hydra, I am a bit dissapoinred.

Last edited:
I “beta tested” the new Hydra, I am a bit dissapoinred.

Poor AI stuck with the Tried and not so true puck format.

I am pretty excited about these 5th gen Radions. The abandonment of the dense led cluster pucks alone is huge to me.

Wish I didn't just buy Gen 4's three months ago for my frag tank. :oops:

I’m thinking Orphek is the way to go and more coverage IMO

But I’m gonna sit on the sidelines to see this all take its course before wasting money lol

Depends on par numbers to cost.
1 Orphek can’t cover a 4ft tank so the price of 3 xr30’s g5 to 2 orpheks isn’t that much of a difference. Maybe on 6ft tanks it’ll start deviating significantly.

Poor AI stuck with the Tried and not so true puck format.

I am pretty excited about these 5th gen Radions. The abandonment of the dense led cluster pucks alone is huge to me.

Wish I didn't just buy Gen 4's three months ago for my frag tank. :oops:
Well, they make it even worse by shrinking the puck size. Now they look like Ke$$el.

Depends on par numbers to cost.
1 Orphek can’t cover a 4ft tank so the price of 3 xr30’s g5 to 2 orpheks isn’t that much of a difference. Maybe on 6ft tanks it’ll start deviating significantly.
Also G5 are using all tried and true led chips such as Cree. It is like a wolf with wolf skins. Not a sheep in wolf price. Also customer service is important. Try to ship a defective one back to China and talk to people with 12 hr time zone difference? You get the idea.

Also G5 are using all tried and true led chips such as Cree. It is like a wolf with wolf skins. Not a sheep in wolf price. Also customer service is important. Try to ship a defective one back to China and talk to people with 12 hr time zone difference? You get the idea.
I agree , I tried getting in touch with the Orphek rep. ( Michael I believe) and it took a week for him to respond and based on his response I asked another question but never got a answer back. I bought the versa pump and it was leaking, in 2 days I had a replacement.

Seems like all the hype is in the blue version and not much love on the pro eh?

Planning to run 3 blues long ways above my 5’ tank

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back