MrX's Build (Started 03/01/2020)

MrX

Non-member
Well, I'm back... well, I never left the forums, but I'm back again with a new build.

I picked up a sweet system from Ryan (The 508 Reefer) yesterday and started setting it up in my home office where my previous tanks were located.

Specs so far:
- SC Aquariums tank (60lx24wx20h), euro-braced, starfire 3-sides with center overflow
- Custom built solid 2x4 construction stand (this thing is a beast! Ryan build it himself. 4 doors, easy access. He installed LED strips as well)
- Matching canopy with adjustable hanging wires
- 40-breeder sump (glass baffles for inflow/skimmer area -> refugium -> bubble traps -> return area)
- 2x 2x AquaIllumination Hydra 32 HD LED Reef Light (Black)
- 1x Jeboa DCP-5000 return pump
- 2x Jebao SCP-120 Cross Flow Pump Wavemaker with Controller (grye-style pumps)
- 1x Jebao Programmable Auto Dosing Pump DP-4 (never dosed before, we'll see if I end up using this)
- Rock and sand (sadly I'm nowhere close to getting this up and running so the "live" stuff won't be live anymore)

Yesterday I picked everything up and got it back to the house. Getting the tank inside was interesting. I need to invest in some suction-cup handles.

Will need to find/order some plumbing to get everything connected back together. Ryan gave me what he had so I'll reuse what I can. Have to figure out where I wrote down the company name he gave me for the black/red PVC.

Here's a few pictures:

IMG_20200302_134107.jpg

IMG_20200302_134117.jpg

IMG_20200302_134257.jpg

IMG_20200302_134322.jpg

I'm jealous, that tank is awesome. Congrats on a great buy! Lots of real estate to fill up.

Reactions: MrX
Probably go to FFM to check out dry goods and such and try my luck at the raffles.

Hoping to do the same, I do have corals for sale there too. Here's to hoping I can make out evenly, lol.

I saw this for sale and would have loved to snap it up for that price... Reserving a seat for the ride can't wait to see the progress...

Reactions: MrX
No water in it yet. It's yours for the low low price of (Dr. Evil finger gesture) "One million dollars!"

Well that's an offer I can refuse lol... I have decided if I get to finish my basement this tank would be the size I would want to do so I'll def be paying attention to this build...

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back