Any freshwater planted tanks out there ??

Brokereefer603

Formally Brokereefer
Here is my high tech 20g
I've let it go. Need to do some trimming yet again. Just waiting to get some Monte Carlo for carpet and another 5 stems. Show me what you got....

Attachments

• 20200430_194648.jpg
    20200430_194648.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 515
Nice looking tank. I only have turtle tanks at the moment but hoping to set up a small freshwater shrimp tank soon. Great color on your plants!

Nice looking tank. I only have turtle tanks at the moment but hoping to set up a small freshwater shrimp tank soon. Great color on your plants!

Thanks
Color took a little to get there. Some of the newer stems i got from petco. Covered in algae and almost dead. I got a 4 different bunch stems for a 1.00. Now those stems are growing healthier so ill be removing the older uglier ones. The hardest one to get to color up was the red cabomba. 4 t5s and a ton of co2 finally made it happen. I was only running 2 t5s. Then added 2 more. Then of course I had to rebalance everything cause of algae. Took awhile. I use my waste water from my rodi for my planted tanks, including my show refugium tank. My waste washer comes in at 40-60 ppm. Perfect for those tanks

Anubis are one of my favorite plants to they are so easy and grow such luscious leaves, I'm thinking of switching my 40 gal freshwater to a more professional planted look, with CO2 and a bunch more things
I enjoy the no maintenance of planted tank. If you add co2 and other things it turns into the reef tank lol

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back