Fragging elegance?

If you have a cone shaped skeleton you can cut it up in half by use a sharp saw on the skeleton and a clean sharp razor blade to the flesh. Make sure to get some of the mouth on each piece of the frags. After the cuts dip it In some iodine dip to help fight infection. Then feed them every couple of days to keep their strength up. Fragging an elegance is very risky and can go either way fast.

If you have a cone shaped skeleton you can cut it up in half by use a sharp saw on the skeleton and a clean sharp razor blade to the flesh. Make sure to get some of the mouth on each piece of the frags. After the cuts dip it In some iodine dip to help fight infection. Then feed them every couple of days to keep their strength up. Fragging an elegance is very risky and can go either way fast.
yea this thing is giant, its a C-shaped skeleton maybe 6 inches long. The actual thing fully open is like a foot

I've done this a number of times with excellent success. A number of people in the club have pieces from me, and the original one I have is from a member who also propagated it. The skeleton is fairly fragile so I worry about cutting it manually with some type of saw blade. I generally use a diamond disk Dremel tool. You can purchase ones that have a 2" diameter, or something close to it. I cut through the skeleton and just keep going through the live tissue. You could alternatively use a razor blade on the tissue part. Be careful not to get too greedy and cut into too many small pieces.

I've done this a number of times with excellent success. A number of people in the club have pieces from me, and the original one I have is from a member who also propagated it. The skeleton is fairly fragile so I worry about cutting it manually with some type of saw blade. I generally use a diamond disk Dremel tool. You can purchase ones that have a 2" diameter, or something close to it. I cut through the skeleton and just keep going through the live tissue. You could alternatively use a razor blade on the tissue part. Be careful not to get too greedy and cut into too many small pieces.
I appreciate the wisdwom thank you! Not sure if you remember from that frag show the club had over the summer but my blue ish fungia is still well!

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back