Food for your Reef Aquarium

Fish goo, LRS frozen, random other frozen (mysis, cyclops, marine mixes of some kind), various flakes, occasionally NLS pellets.

And also nori but I've been lazy about that recently.

Fish goo, LRS frozen, random other frozen (mysis, cyclops, marine mixes of some kind), various flakes, occasionally NLS pellets.

And also nori but I've been lazy about that recently.
Thanks for your input, appreciate it.

My own frozen mix made of fresh clams, fish and shrimp as well as LRS reef frenzy, mysis shrimp, enriched brine shrimp, frozen fish eggs, fresh hatched baby brine shrimp and phyto...

My own frozen mix made of fresh clams, fish and shrimp as well as LRS reef frenzy, mysis shrimp, enriched brine shrimp, frozen fish eggs, fresh hatched baby brine shrimp and phyto...
Thanks Dave.

Each week I put some RODI in a small tupperware container and mix up the following (the cubes are chopped up a bit to aid with defrosting as I'm usually feeding a short time later):

- freeze-dried cyclops (couple small scoops)
- APBreed TDO Chroma Boost (small pellets) [came with the tank setup]
- Hikari Seaweed Extreme (sinking pellets)
- freeze-dried blood worms
- New Life Spectrum Thera+A pellets
- Sally's Frozen Brine Shrimp (break off a piece about the size of a cube)
- PE Calanus (Copepod zooplankton)
- Frozen Mysis Shrimp
- Frozen Fish eggs
- Frozen Bloodworms

Every couple days I throw 1"x2" pieces of the following Nori on a clip:

- Julian Sprung's Sea Veggies - Purple Seaweed
- Julian Sprung's Sea Veggies - Green Seaweed (also have Petco green, forget what brand)
- Petco Red Seaweed (forget what brand, same as the Petco green)

I bought the silicone trays below as I plan to mix up some "fish goo" and freeze it into my own cubes. Then I can toss a cube or two into my Frag Freaks tumbler that should be here sometime this week.

IMG_20200531_201308.jpg

Each week I put some RODI in a small tupperware container and mix up the following (the cubes are chopped up a bit to aid with defrosting as I'm usually feeding a short time later):

- Frozen Mysis Shrimp
- Frozen Fish eggs
- Frozen Bloodworms

- Julian Sprung's Sea Veggies - Green Seaweed (also have Petco green, forget what brand)

I bought the silicone trays below as I plan to mix up some "fish goo" and freeze it into my own cubes. Then I can toss a cube or two into my Frag Freaks tumbler that should be here sometime this week.

View attachment 141968
Like the silicone ice tray idea. Thanks.

I recently put everything I had in a blender and mixed it together. I think next time Ill need to get some of those silicon trays though. Breaking pieces off from a frozen flat sheet is annoying.

I recently put everything I had in a blender and mixed it together. I think next time Ill need to get some of those silicon trays though. Breaking pieces off from a frozen flat sheet is annoying.

These are the ones I bought:

- Frozen Mysis Shrimp
- Frozen Fish eggs
- Frozen Bloodworms

View attachment 141968
I got to get those trays as I want to start doing my own fish & coral food.

These are the ones I bought:

That's an awesome idea... I just put my mix in a Ziploc bag like LRS food. I'll defiantly do the cube thing because one thing I don't like about the sheet frozen food is it doesn't tumble correctly in my frozen food cube feeder...

Reactions: MrX
I take a cooked frozen shrimp (like the ones for shrimp cocktail) a small rock and rubberband. Tie the shrimp to the rock and drop it in . The crabs go nuts . It's also fun to watch!

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back