Wtb

Hcardenas

Non-member
Hi there,
I have a problem of asterina starfish, and my local reef shop, tells me harly quin shrimp or bumblebee shrimp will take care of the problem. So is anyone out there selling any of the shrimps. Thanks

Pretty sure that is all harlequin shrimp eat.
So keep that in mind. (Might be confusing with another shrimp but def research)

You are correct Harlequin shrimp only eat Starfish. Mine took care of my watering star fish outbreak pretty quick. Now feed him Chocolate Chip starfish. If you do not want to do that you will need to move the shrimp along or it will starve

I have a single bumblebee shrimp which will eat pellets, flakes, and frozen once your stars are gone. $20 pick it up in Raymond NH. Probably not worth the trip from Worcester. The tank he is in has not even a brittle star remaining so consider that all stars beneficial or not will be potentially consumed

I have a single bumblebee shrimp which will eat pellets, flakes, and frozen once your stars are gone. $20 pick it up in Raymond NH. Probably not worth the trip from Worcester. The tank he is in has not even a brittle star remaining so consider that all stars beneficial or not will be potentially consumed
Thanks to bad is a long drive! I try to get the bumblebee online, but no luck!
You are correct Harlequin shrimp only eat Starfish. Mine took care of my watering star fish outbreak pretty quick. Now feed him Chocolate Chip starfish. If you do not want to do that you will need to move the shrimp along or it will starve

How often do you feed the shrimp?

I was just in Worcester for work yesterday too! If I happen to be that direction I will try to remember and PM you to see if you still were interested. It would be a few weeks likely.

How often do you feed the shrimp?
You can cut a leg off The star fish and that is good about every two weeks. When I throw whole star fish into the tank, I watch and when the starfish is fully consumed I wait about two weeks or if he starts to wander all over the tank I know he is ready

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back