BiGGie's Build

Picked this beauty up from @dz6t over at Acro Garden earlier, ATI Sunpower 8 bulb. Probably will add another to the other 4' tank or go with GHL Mitras. Haven't really decided yet, lots more to add in the upcoming months.
IMG_20200715_130033.jpg

Any plan on adding an Ion Director to the Profilux?
Yes sir, it's not being released until the fall according to GHL, but am looking forward to it. Gives me a little time to acquire more funds as well.

Ordered up all the conversion plumbing to tie this tank into existing plumbing for the common sump, should be here on Wednesday. Hoping to have it up and running by the end of the weekend.

Just got back from Lowes with some goodies. 3/4" maple plywood to build a new base and raise the cadlights tank up 6" in order to utilize the plumbing already in place. I'll post pics once completed and painted. @Chris A. will be stopping by tomorrow to help wrestle this beast from the garage to the fish room with my Dad of course while I stand watching barking orders, lol.

Last edited:
I had to do something similar with my set up where I built a stage out of 2x12 and plywood to raise the frag tank up so it can drain to the sump. The problem with these frag tank they’re shallow so you need the extra height to use what is free(gravity).

I had to do something similar with my set up where I built a stage out of 2x12 and plywood to raise the frag tank up so it can drain to the sump. The problem with these frag tank they’re shallow so you need the extra height to use what is free(gravity).
I had to do that with my 57. I made that one out of 2x6 and painted black. With the cadlights fancy white stand I opted to go with 3/4 sanded maple. Here's to hoping they match up decently.

Small update. Platform is in place. My Dad asked why the 57 was being moved into the kitchen and not the garage, his words were "thought this one was going". Silly man, this tank will replace the temp tanks place in the kitchen.
IMG_20200815_111714.jpg
IMG_20200815_110602_01.jpg

Back