Recent content by tank o tang

1. tank o tang

Canopy for a 40B

I made a one piece for my 40b that was 25" deep with the canopy and stand being cut out of one sheet leaving a 6" strip of wood behind the tank to cover the plumbing. Canopy opened from the front and had an aluminum light rack that slid in housing a mh with t5's. I'll try and find a pic.
  2. tank o tang

WTB Chaeto

Looking for some chaeto in THE CT, RI, MA corner. Pest free tanks only please. If you want to stop by and drop it off I'll be happy to give you a couple frags of whatever I have that's fragable you would like. Hammers, zoas, few sps. If you would like me to pick up please be somewhat local...
  3. tank o tang

New aquascape?

Set and forget is always the idea but somehow never works for me.
  4. tank o tang

BRS

Placed an order Friday and all went well.
  5. tank o tang

FS FRAG TANK PART OUT

Pm sent
  6. tank o tang

confused on cycle

Probably a typo but salt should be 1.024. Your almost there.
  7. tank o tang

FS Reefbreeders light

Bump
  8. tank o tang

FS Reefbreeders light

Reefbreeder photon32 v1 light. $150 or trade for coral.
  9. tank o tang

FS Blue spot puffer

I have a blue spot puffer that can use a good home. He's about 4". Does munch zoas but good with sps and nems as far as I could tell. Frags are always appreciated. Not first come first serve, goes to best home.
  10. tank o tang

My 180gal adventure

Thanks, anytime you need a hand. Built the stand, canopy, and light rack about 13yrs ago. The sump and fish room about 9months ago. Trying to decide if I should keep the 40gal on the system as the future frag tank or if I should set up a 75gal that I have as a separate system. Both would use the...
  11. tank o tang

My 180gal adventure

Sorry about pic quality. Taken with cell phone under lights at whatever they were at that time of the day. Corals look much better in person.
  12. tank o tang

My 180gal adventure

Figured I'd start a thread for my 180. Figure more a tank journal than a build thread but figured this is the place. Tank was set up early 2017. Was set up with a 180gal display and 75gal under tank sump. 2 32" reefbreeders photon v1's, 4 mp40's, mag 12 return, clip on fuge light, and asm4...
  13. tank o tang

Coral share program?

This is what I believe is the original our program was modeled after. http://www.bareefers.org/forum/threads/what-is-dbtc.14207/
  14. tank o tang

Coral share program?

I feel since it was my suggestion it's only right I offer to help only if wanted. I will be brutally honest with you and if you want help frame to finish on your house I can help with quality work. If you want help doing something on a computer I am the last guy you want to ask if there is any...
  15. tank o tang

Coral share program?

It's not for everyone, you have to have partial trust in people and the other part has to not care about losing a frag to a bad apple because yes it will happen. In the end it is just a hobby and as it progresses people learn who they can trust. I think being a paid member to receive a coral...