Spawning Lyretail Anthias

this is me

I like turtles
BRS Member
I've noticed this transparent blob in my female lyretails for the past couple days. I just realized that they're eggs when the male does the dance(dart) and something came out and then the rest of the fish goes crazy on feeding something very small in the water column.

Capture.JPG

Thanks. The picture is just a screen capture of one of the frame in the video. The picture is blurry itself but I wanted to show the eggs.
I'm really surprised that these female anthias are actually carrying eggs. When I got them back in February, they were on sale at LA and their size were literally an inch. I was questioning whether I should've gotten the larger size one and pay a little more. But they were healthy.
6 months later, they're about 2" and spawning.
Due to my obsession with Regal angelfish, all the fish in the tank reap in the benefit. Regal angelfish are very picky when first introduce and you have to keep offering different types of food to the tank. This is after they've been through with acclimation in my other tank where I get them to eat. I think it's safe to say that I have a trio of Red Sea Regal Angelfish. The last one is starting to eat very aggressively in the main tank along with the other fish.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back