Good things come in small packages

The tank is doing well. If my test tonight reads the same as all my others looking to add a fish tomorrow. Seen some snail eggs as well so to me that's good water quality.
23962241564f6e5442aa129afb496689.jpg
2b3047fe0399e507719e91709b4f1e32.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm not a fan of the stock cover and light. You have to take the top off completely to do anything in the tank.

I'm not a fan of the stock cover and light. You have to take the top off completely to do anything in the tank.
+1 on that i ran mine with a ai prime for about 4 months and did great .
the only i will advice if you do that its to get a screen cover, i lost about 3 very good clown fish and couple wild caught pipe fish . they keep jumping out . so i when back to the cover as i dont have anything crazy there . just some shroms ,zoas , gsp ,leather tree. the original light seems to keep up with it i also have 3 babys anemones and they seem fine

Added a blenny today and some more zoa frags. They're already opened up and the blenny ate some of the frozen food I put in the tank. Found my first peppermint shrimp molt too.
0064234081e2b89d86cf9099e9f6fc75.jpg
5b9efd212ef7f51a60c2086bdaa9d5d3.jpg
20a089fc2954004e514cea6eab590bc8.jpg
a3466ca431decdbfc6ccc4b23118cd8c.jpg

Has anyone used the Dts pods? I bought some to add to the tank and I'm not sure if I can add them into the tank with the water in the jar or not. If not how should i add them? I can't find anything online about it

Thank you. I let It float for a bit and dropped them in. There is only the one fish in there for now. Might do another bottle of I see good results

Let me know how they do/populate your tank. I am looking to bulk up pod production. Not quite sure how to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me know how they do/populate your tank. I am looking to bulk up pod production. Not quite sure how to do it.

Sure thing. There was definitely a lot in there. I liked the ones I saw on algae barn too but saw these at the store and figured why not. I plan on adding another as well once I get some chaeto and rubble to put in my middle chamber and seeing if that helps as well.

I was thinking of adding a lawnmower blenny to this tank as well and was wondering what others thought? From what I've read they should be fine as they don't have the same food source and aren't both actually blennys. These would be the only two fish for this tank. Is the tank not able to handle that much bioload? I figured it would be similar to two clowns in bioload.

Honestly, I wouldn't see a problem with that. I have seen much larger bioloads. I am no nano expert, but in my 25 gallon I had a pair of clowns, 6-line wrasse, diamond Golby, and royal gramma. All lived together great for about 6-7 months before I tried a new fish from petco that brought ich into the tank and I murdered them all with a failed hospital copper treatment. [emoji36]

Ouch. Copper is fresh water only. It will contaminate a salt tank and effect corals forever. Even kill some coral.

I never use a tank that was run for fresh water, at some point it most likely had copper in it.

I would not get a lawnmower blenny for that tank. He will more than likely bully the existing blenny, scooters are very very passive and lawnmower are boisterous

One eye, I got a 30g hospital tank for free from a member because it was used with copper. I had issues keeping copper levels and ammonia levels stable in a new system.

I've been away from the hobby for about 10 years but one of the first things I was taught was that copper is poison to coral. It will stunt growth, effect color and even kill corals. Copper will also bind to the silicon in the tank and will leave residual no matter how many times or how well you clean tank.

Sps are more sensitive to copper than softies and lps. I saw another post of yours where you said that you seem to kill sps. Maybe the copper residual?

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back