afboundguy's downsizing (or upgrading???) 25 gallon cube build

Oh man chat room... Damn making me feel like an old reefer lol...

Holy crap Lee is back too? Getting all sentimental now lol
Flashing back to old chat room sessions, just need alex too now Jeff

Supp yukyyuk, Do you have a tank now or what??!!

Oh man chat room... Damn making me feel like an old reefer lol...

no tankless still... I have this guy now LOL
17190364_10154987460686678_7615107142532913282_n.jpg

Damn photobucket... Wanting to charge me $400 a year so you guys can see the pictures... Guess I'll have something to do these next few days uploading the pictures if I can :rolleyes: I can't post updated pictures without all the ones from the past...

Been a few months finally getting around to fixing up the canopy from all the salt creep and rot... I've already done 3 or 4 coats of kilz primer and sealer just need to get a few coats of a glossy white on there...
20171224_135655_resized.jpg
20171224_135652_resized.jpg

Had to put some plastic mesh on top to keep the cats away plus keeping the door closed while we're away which makes it a sauna on the room which the better half really enjoys...
20171227_123555_resized.jpg

I also finally got around to installing the new AI wireless controller. The old controller worked just fine the only issue was the display didn't really work very well and was a PITA to try and read.
20171227_123757_resized.jpg
20171227_123742_resized.jpg

Some random pictures from the cell phone... I should be putting on the last coat of gloss paint on the canopy and installing it tonight or tomorrow...
20171227_123812_resized.jpg
20171227_123817_resized.jpg

Totally forgot the coolest part... I bought a pair of black ray shrimp gobies a while ago and a yellow pistol shrimp. Unfortunately one of the shrimp gobies didn't make it but within the past few months the remaining goby and the pistol shrimp have met up and started the big dig!!!
20171227_124124_resized.jpg
20171227_133708_resized.jpg
20171227_133710_resized.jpg

Very nice Dave. I enjoy watching symbiotic relationship between critters in this hobby. It's one of the most rewarding thing IMO.

It's awesome. I wish the second goby had lived. I saw one at Jays Aquatic when I got my dad an Xmas present and wish I had bought it...

Quite a change from just a few coats of primer/sealer and gloss paint :cool:
20171228_181754_resized.jpg
20171229_123541_resized.jpg

Also stopped by dz6t's shop yesterday while out and about and snagged some nice corals from his $5 section... I don't remember what they are but one is a green slimer lol Sorry for the crappy cell phone pictures. The red digi is waiting to be remounted after it tragically got broken off from the rockwork by some mysterious person...

20171229_123558_resized.jpg
20171229_123601_resized.jpg

Also snagged a nice duncan frag and some zoas (2 on the right the purple hornet looking ones I got at auction I think)

20171229_123550_resized.jpg
20171229_123607_resized.jpg

Finally got around to mounting the corals to the rockwork after I made a second trip to dz6t's shop where I didn't shop in the $5 section :rolleyes: Totally forget what I bought but it was 4 milli's... Maybe @dz6t can chime in if he remembers lol...

20180113_134544_resized.jpg

Updated FTS... I was too lazy to shut off the skimmer and MP10 so it's a little bubbly and it's only with my cell phone wife was sleeping in the living room where the good camera is and since she wasn't too happy about my second trip to dz6t's shop yesterday and how much it cost I didn't want to add fuel to the fire :p

20180113_134608_resized.jpg

Last edited:
I've also been making headway on my aiptasia problem by just using concentrated kalkwasser solution. I want to eventually get some berghia's but I'm definitely making a dent in the visible ones. I did find this interesting there was an aiptasia that was living in the stem of my neon toadstool was pretty interesting and hard to kill without hurting the coral... Talk about a "symbiotic" relationship lol...

20180109_185602_resized.jpg

I also finally got off my a** and started dosing BRS 2 part solution since I've added a bunch of SPS. I've also been slowly increasing the light output from the AI nano light. Maybe this time I can be patient enough to have the corals grow into mini colonies!!!

I've also got a confession to make... I bought an acan :cool: I've found what I believe to be my citrus acan and I figured I'd like to test out an inexpensive frag to make sure it would last before buying an expensive acan. I haven't tried acans since killing all of them slowly when I swapped over to LED lighting hoping to have better luck this time around...

20180113_140140_resized.jpg

Last edited:
I forgot how much fun it is to actually take care of a tank and keep it nice looking... It's been since December'ish that I've actually been consistent with water changes and dosing and it's nice to look at a somewhat nice tank lol... That's all just wanted to get that off my chest after doing a water chance and testing mag/alk/calc a few minutes ago :eek:

I ordered a new blue LED accent light see if it ever gets here the company hasn't been replying to my emails and it should have gotten here (7 day shipping ordered 1/24). I was planning on ordering another one depending on how it looks and possibly some UV LED accent lights from the same company but not overly impressed with their customer service so far so we'll see. I plan on trying to call them today.

I also finally bit the bullet and ordered some berghia nudi's for my aiptasia problem. It was getting too much work to try and kill them with concentrated kalk juice. Purchased 7 adults, 2 strings of eggs and a yellow clown goby that should be delivered next Tues.

Nice. The acan you are trying looks like a fresh cut. It looks sad in that photo. Hopefully it feels better and is all puffed up now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back