Leak Detection?

maldenreefer

Non-member
Was wondering if I could get recommendations on what people do for leak detection.

This is the first time I've owned a large tank, 50 gallons, and I am now having awful thoughts about what a tank failure/leak would do to my apartment. My only saving grace is the floor is vinyl so it shouldn't soak through but 50 gallons would still wreak considerable damage.

I do have an Apex unit now, should I go ahead and get an LDK module? I assume I can set that up to send me a notification that there is a leak and also automatically shut off all the pumps/powerheads as well. What other safeguards can I put in place?

Thanks.

I run an Apex with the LDK. If it senses water on the floor, turns off my pumps and e-mails me. Had a skimmer overflow one day and it prevented a disaster on my 60gallon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Apex LDK and it just saved my butt. My ATO stuck on and overfilled the sump. Alarm went off texted me and emailed me. Minimal damage thank god! Just got break out box to install float switches so I get notifications of this earlier if it ever happens again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back