Double trouble

Mccune

BRS Member
So I started my Cadlights 50 long at the beginning of the year. I had a large 210 in the garage that was taking up to much space. Sold that and was able to find a Cadlights 100. Both tanks are on piano white stands. I am trying to decide if I should keep these two tanks separate or plumb them both together. If I do that I can run one large skimmer instead of two smaller ones, and it would be the same with all the other equipment. I have never plumbed two tanks together before. Let me know what you think.

Plumbing then together would help the 50 with stability. Also makes it easier to dose both tanks in one go. If you have the space I would definitely plumb them both together.

I want to remove the hutch I have and put in another tank (80 shallow or something along those lines), when I do that I am upgrading my return pump for more power and plumbing them together so I don’t have to do dual maintenance!

Just think if you have then separate then you have double water changes, double dosing, double skimmers... the cheaper easier route would be combined in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plenty of room the laundry room/utility room backs up to it and I plan on having my mixing station in there. I am thinking I can most of my controllers on the other side of the wall make a nice neat layout

One system will mean controlling one system.. Larger water volume is also easier to stabilize. My preference would def be to tie them in together unless you are doing different things with the separate tanks.

I am planning on running the 50 as mostly anemones, the 100 will be a mixed reef with lots of sps

No compatibility issues there at all.
Definitely plumb them together.
Make sure your sump can handle the the water when the pump is off and the water drains back to the sump

I am tossing the idea of pluming this large sumo into both and somehow turning the smaller tanks sump into a fuge

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back