Scollymia & Nutrition

Geo_6

BRS Member
Dear Boston Reefers,

I have a warpaint scolly that is not doing well.

It has receded for about 2 weeks and the skeleton shows. I knew that If I did not act a bit drastically I would definitely lose it.
I did a iodine dip and clipped the points of the skeleton with a nail clipper. Tank water parameters are kept as constant as possible and last night was the first night that the small tentacles showed up so I immediately took the opportunity to feed it some Reef roids.

My question is what else can I feed it now that it has just become to show that game may not be over!

Thank you

Geo

I've never had too much luck with scollys, and I love them. From researching and talking to people who successfully keep them, they need to be fed daily or every other day. Feed them mysis, brine shrimp. You can get them enticed with reef roids or something else to get their tentacles out or feed them at night.

I have an Apple bleeding scolly right now that receded as well because I don't have time to feed it like I should :(

I've never had too much luck with scollys, and I love them. From researching and talking to people who successfully keep them, they need to be fed daily or every other day. Feed them mysis, brine shrimp. You can get them enticed with reef roids or something else to get their tentacles out or feed them at night.

I have an Apple bleeding scolly right now that receded as well because I don't have time to feed it like I should :(

I hear you Igor, This is my first Scolly so still new in this. I would be happy to feed it every other day, will try to see If I can get it to eat some mysis tonight.

I think it’s more on water and light. I’ve kept Scolys for years with 1 or 2 feedings a year. They are in lower light. Feeding is definitely beneficial, but I wouldn’t say it’s a absolute must.

I think it’s more on water and light. I’ve kept Scolys for years with 1 or 2 feedings a year. They are in lower light. Feeding is definitely beneficial, but I wouldn’t say it’s a absolute must.

Ok Brady, Things are pretty stable not worse but not better either. Will wait and see.
Thanks for replying/
G

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back