Dialing in my tank lights and alk for sps

Some of my across arnt as bright and other are and a 2 have been stn over a week and my green cap loses its brightness. I have a reef builders led at 60 blues and 20 white my alk I just checked is 9.7 and my phosphate is 0.07 and notate is .5 it just seems some corals good and other are a pain

Here is my tank

Attachments

• 20180919_225320_HDR.jpg
    20180919_225320_HDR.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 185
Is this a big goni?
da1b6c16b2776e4cae7a16aaaca2e129.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has there been a swing in parameters such as alk, calc or mag in the last month. Something I learned a while back is that you may have had a spike in one of those levels weeks ago and even though you are fine now with the parameters you are seeing the stress in the acros now. I would bring the alk down between 8.0 and 8.5 if it were my tank. Don't see a reason to be in the high 9's.

It recently went up a little from my water change but ill let it drop I took my dosed offline until it get to 8.5 I do weekly water changes run carbon and phosphate media have cheato .grape and feather caulpra with red kelp in fuge I try to keep it stable and dong that a white pipe organ it was a size of a fist 4 months ago that rock is covered with that and blue ridge coral

Take out the phosphate media to see if any color improvements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you pulled out one of the corals that isn't doing well and dipped it in bayer to make sure there are no pests that may be causing an issue? Nitrate at 0.5 is low as well, should probably be closer to 5, might want to feed a bit more.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back