Old timers

From ‘05 I would count you in there! Especially with 4800 posts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow checking back in after a few months (better than a few years again lol) great to see all the activity.

Mo: yes - I moved to CT and took a job at Mystic Aquarium. It’s been a wacky journey since then and I’m actually back in Mystic after 15 years but I’m long out of the public aquarium business lol.

Crazy to see what you guys made of all this! So impressive.

Wow, look at all the old members on here! Joe, it's been quite a while since I've seen that video. I wasn't around when it was made, but I've seen it a few times. Good to see you and Moe and some of the other people still active on here. Tab and were just talking about Moe the other day. We don't have a tank up currently, but she's working on getting a small tank set up for her grandmother so we'll have that going soon hopefully.

So I know I'm a little late to the party but how many of these old timers still have tanks?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

been doing this for over 30 years no one knew what a protein skimmer was then
150 mixed reef sps in my kitchen 20 years
tank.jpg

I’m a true junkie. Stayed clean for 10 years. Then one day I thought I could have just one little fresh water tank. That didn’t satisfy the itch so I got a little 14 gallon salt tank, a few zoas, acans and small gobies. Then I upgraded the light. Scored a couple easy sps. You know, montis and some birds nest. That was all it took. I’m right back where I was 10 years ago. Maybe even worse. I’m up to 180 gallon SPS system. A separate 125 gallon softy system. Both have 40 gal frag tanks and separate quarantine systems. Constant upgrades. Always looking for the next acro. A place in the house I can add another tank.
It’s just me and the dog now. Even other reef junkies say I have a problem.

No, about 4 years ago, I moved right outside of Tampa, FL (Smartest thing I ever did). I still get back to Boston about twice a year and sometimes for work as well. Hope you guys are doing well!

I converted my 156 gallon tank to Cichlids. I have two other tanks running, but nothing salty. I no longer have the passion or time for a reef tank.

Reviving this thread with some old pics. You're welcome.

20060115-Roofing and Reefing 049.jpg
NERAC 008.jpg
NERAC 016.jpg
LIRA Atlantis Aquarium 2005 204.jpg

20060318-Rob Toonen 005.jpg

Dr. Rob Toonen - awesome club presentation. I think we got him while he was in the states for vacation or something.

20060318-Rob Toonen 010.jpg

Last edited:
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back