waterbox dx 220

Ttran102

BRS Member
After 1 yr break finally got back into the hobby. Hopefully this will be my last tank build. My last tank was a redsea 425xl and it was sps dominated and everything was going well but tank look smaller and smaller everyday when i look at it then decide to break it down. So this time I will go with a 6ft tank since i will keep this for awhile. Tank will be delivered this week and hopefully I get my fish room installed with vinyl floor before I put the tank into place. Here is the list of what I have for the build please let me know if i still miss something.

Tank and stand:
Waterbox dx 220 white

Equipments:
4 Radions xr30 blue G5
60" aquaticlife hybrid fixture
BBK 200 mini royal exclusive skimmer
Royal exclusive red dragon return pump 230W
Royal exclusive media reactor (for carbon)
2 MP60QD
2 MP40QD
57W aquauv
Pax Bellum n24 reactor
Geo calrx 612 with secondary chamber
Ecotech versa for calrx
BRS 600w heater

Aquascape:
Art Reef Rock probably 2-3 structures
Bare bottom

Water mixing station:
2 40g water tank
150g 6 stage brs rodi system

Controllers: Back to full apex since ghl gives me headache.

Last edited:
Looks like you’re gathering all the right gear! Looking forward to seeing your build. What’s your plan for rock?

Looks like you’re gathering all the right gear! Looking forward to seeing your build. What’s your plan for rock?
At first I was thinking about dry reef rock and do hnsa scape with it but i never had any experience with nsa aquascaping so dont want to break the rock and end up not using it. So decided to go with man made reef rock (art reef rock). It look really nice and I can actually turn on my light during cycle and not afraid of that ugly stage.

At first I was thinking about dry reef rock and do hnsa scape with it but i never had any experience with nsa aquascaping so dont want to break the rock and end up not using it. So decided to go with man made reef rock (art reef rock). It look really nice and I can actually turn on my light during cycle and not afraid of that ugly stage.
I’m not familiar with art reef rock. Why are you less likely to have an ugly stage when using it?

so with all the right expensive gears. Wasn't sure it's possible, but do you think the tank cycle can be skipped? I can't wait to see the tank up running in no time.

I’m not familiar with art reef rock. Why are you less likely to have an ugly stage when using it?
I'm not saying less likely but since the art reef rock it's all purple so even if it's going through the stage you won't be seeing much like regular dry rock all brown.

so with all the right expensive gears. Wasn't sure it's possible, but do you think the tank cycle can be skipped? I can't wait to see the tank up running in no time.
You can't skip a tank cycle. Just want to light up the tank with fish in it for couple of months til my first coral.

Here it is guys can't wait for this beast. To go inside and set up.

Attachments

• CC76BEDD-CB8B-45C0-A628-DB351B18D315.jpeg
    CC76BEDD-CB8B-45C0-A628-DB351B18D315.jpeg
    205.1 KB · Views: 262
My only complaint about my waterbox is the small overflow, it can’t handle a lot of flow.

My only complaint about my waterbox is the small overflow, it can’t handle a lot of flow.
how much flow are we talking because before when i had a redsea i do 10x the volume for the flow and it was fine with no noise. This time i probrably do around 10x to 20x since doing 2 mp60 and 2 mp40 so hopefully its fine.

I do not a have a ton and as the tank matures, I have to clean the teeth off weekly or else the water level builds. Just part of my maintenance now

I do not a have a ton and as the tank matures, I have to clean the teeth off weekly or else the water level builds. Just part of my maintenance now
do you scrape off the weir due to coraline? because i usually take a toothbrush and clean the weir everytime i do a water change so no algae can build up.

just curious, why small overflow box can't handle alot of flow? i thought it's up to the glass hole (bulkhead).
isn't it good to have small & thin overflow box

The flow through the teeth are the issue, not the ability of the drain. The teeth are pushing the water level up

The flow through the teeth are the issue, not the ability of the drain. The teeth are pushing the water level up
I had this same issue with my wb. Glass overflow means that instead of modifying the overflow I had to modify my expectations.

Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back