Cool... color? Is he the blue?
  2. C

FS Tuxedo urchin

How big is he?
  3. C

Pistol shrimp

4. C

Pistol shrimp

My sons tiger pistol shrimp and yellow watchman goby have been paired since I bought them. I seen them at petco together and had to have them when I witnessed how they were together. Without a doubt the coolest thing to watch in my sons tank.
  5. C

Pros/cons dosing hydrogen peroxide

I heard of gloves when fragging zoas but that’s about it, we’ll be careful of open cuts on our hands too when sticking in tank. He doesn’t get water in his mouth anymore... actually it only happened the first time. He’s smart and a quick learner lol. The hose is way up the top of the tank when...
  6. C

I do have a skimmer(Diablo 150), a rodi system(3 stage BRS 150 a day). I feed my two clowns and watchman goby twice a week. No dead or decaying coral. I don’t have chaeto, I have a small chamber in my sump that just has live rock. I’ve put off chaeto for the fact that I haven’t bought a light...
  7. C

I appreciate your concern, I really do. While I might or might not heed your warning I can’t imagine it’s any worse than when I was a kid syphoning gas when I was his age from dirt bike to dirt bike. I’m 45 now and I’m still here. I wouldn’t say I’m new, I’ve had a saltwater tank for 7 years...
  8. C

Awesome Cryptic, I appreciate your advice and time. I’m on it.
  9. C

Silicone question

I just made a coral viewer with my boy, we used super glue gel. We used a 4” schedule 40 coupling from Home Depot and a piece of acrylic we had laying around. Works awesome, no leaks. Although on my next one I will try silicone, I’m thinking silicone will be easier for cleaning up the excess...
  10. C

Never mind re-read your post... 40% water change weekly. My bad
  11. C

Lol you’re not being like a parent at all Cryptic, I’ll take any advice when it comes to things I know nothing about. I’ll be honest... no manual removal at all. I’ll get on it though, I use a hose to siphon out water to do water changes. Lol love watching my 12 yo get a mouthful of saltwater...
  12. C

I stopped using the hydrogen peroxide. I would really hate to lose my tiger pistol shrimp because of it, he’s one of my best buys for my sons aquarium. Needless to say the Dino’s are back. My nitrates are around 2, I use the Red Sea nitrate kit. Other algae is growing also, I thought algaes...
  13. C

What are people using for aptasia control in their reef?

Interested to hear how the filefish does!
  14. C

WTB Coral viewer

Lol that’s what I was just researching! Thanks!
  15. C

WTB Coral viewer

Awesome... I’m doing it buddy, lol my sons going to be all over it!
  16. C

WTB Coral viewer

Lol thanks buddy, you’d think I’d think of sh** like that since I work with my hands everyday. :rolleyes:
  17. C

WTB Coral viewer

Anyone have one they’re looking to get rid of before I buy online?
  18. C

FS Harlequin Shrimp

Ok, thanks for responding
  19. C

No fallout to inverts or corals?
  20. C

I just did a 3 day blackout on my 40b and dosed 2-1/2 ml of hydrogen peroxide each day due to Dino’s. I used store bought hydrogen peroxide(3%). It cleared out the Dino’s. I have 2 clowns, 1 watchman goby, 1 pistol shrimp, 3 nassarius snails, blue legged hermit crabs, tiger conch, emerald crab...