Search results

1. hurdbird

Evelyn’s IM 30L Reef

Awesome looking tank! My daughters only 3.5 months but I’m hoping as she gets older we can enjoy our new tank together as well!
  2. hurdbird

Sean's Waterbox 130.4 Mixed Reef Build

I have to give Neptune a lot of credit for how they handled my faulty Apex base unit. Promptly responded to my emails and scheduled a call to log in to my system and check things over. It was determined that I had bad probe ports. They 2 day shipped me a replacement unit and helped me get...
  3. hurdbird

Apex Help

Already read all the manuals Phg but thank you. Interested in some help the manual.
  4. hurdbird

Have had the tank up and running with RODI only testing everything and found out my APEX base unit had control issues with the probes so I am waiting for a replacement to come in to officially start the cycle. Neptune customer service was great to deal with!!!
  5. hurdbird

Apex Help

Looking for an Apex expert to come over and help me with basic Apex programming, setting up alarms, checking current configuration over, etc. before I go live. Willing to pay with cash and / or beers!
  6. hurdbird

Waters going in! Hopefully have enough water made to finish filling tomorrow and start mixing in salt. Struggling a little as a first time Apex user but I’ll figure it out tomorrow hopefully and start testing all the equipment and changing some programming around.
  7. hurdbird

FS Aquarium Plants Electronic Regulator

Interested. Where are you located?
  8. hurdbird

Wasn’t ever happy with the right side so I completely changed it around and I think I’m done now haha. Got a lot more swimming room and room for a few island foundation rocks in front now. Time to cement a few spots and fill her up! :oops:
  9. hurdbird

It’s proved more difficult to move the scape from the planning table into tank and keep it the same but we’re getting there haha.
  10. hurdbird

That’s where I got that one. I painted the shelves white and installing some cross bracing as well to prevent any racking. If I didn’t already have the shelves, I definitely would have went more heavy duty but there getting the job done.
  11. hurdbird

Thanks a lot guys! Appreciate all the help and for following along. Really excited to get it filled at this point and start the long cycle process. Stock piling RODI as we speak for the initial fill up haha.
  12. hurdbird

Got a lot done this weekend! Finalized plumbing to main display / remote fuge minus the final locline fittings in fuge (waiting for them to arrive) and water tested sump / overflow box bulkheads. Finished roughing CAT6 cable over for Apex. Labeled all wiring and roughed all wires to final...
  13. hurdbird

Remote fuge stand built... thing could probably support a 200 gallon tank but I wanted to learn the ins and outs of framing a stand the right way. Slowly but surely getting closer!
  14. hurdbird

Had a good weekend. Almost there! Water testing coming soon. The three pipes going through the back wall go to the remote fuge in the mech room. Calcium reactor and potentially future frag tank will be in mech room as well. Also, was lucky enough to go over Paul’s house and check out his...
  15. hurdbird

Returns up and hung. Finishing the drains tomorrow and hopefully remote fuge / loading rock in this weekend. The BRS pipe clips are expensive but they are definitely awesome once you have them laid out. Had to use different size clips so I had to buy some spacers for the smaller piping clips to...
  16. hurdbird

Big thanks to Brad508 for coming over and helping me get the tank on the stand so I could get going on plumbing! Appreciate all the other members that reached out to help as well! Final layout / planning done and started assembling return lines first (second picture). Stand / sump in the...
  17. hurdbird

Finally got all the metric conversion fittings in. Hopefully getting the tank plumbed this week. I’m replacing all of the stock Waterbox plumbing within the cabinet to better suit my needs. Using the bottom half of 25mm (return) and 32mm (drainage) unions and BRS 25mm to 3/4” slip and BRS 32mm...
  18. hurdbird

Reef Maintenance Companies

A friend of mine is looking for a local reef tank maintenance company for when he starts his tank back up. Recommendations? He’s in East Bridgewater. I’d be interested in getting some pricing too for vacation check ins.
  19. hurdbird

Finished up the plumbing design today just waiting for some parts / pieces to arrive. Leveled the tank / stand. Let the starboard cure for 24 hrs with the weight on it and it seems to have cured nicely. A lot of others said silicone doesn’t stick to it but I sanded with 120 grit and cleaned...
  20. hurdbird

Control panels complete minus a few Ecotech driver mounts. Not sure why they provide mounts for pumps but not powerheads. Makes no sense. Onto other projects! Slowly but surely...

Upcoming Events

Saturday April 20, 2019
BRS April Meeting
Taunton VFW
82 Ingell St
Taunton, MA