Search results

1. gobyvin

What kind of tang is this

I think it is a bristletooth, like a yellow eye or Kole Tang. My best guess based on pics.
  2. gobyvin

Lots of fish came like that and Died - Is this sick fish?

I think you are absolutely correct. The information you are sharing here is excellent and spot on correct, from what I have read over the years. QT is a necessary step if you want better security for your current inhabitants. I learned some techniques from this thread that I will be keeping in...
  3. gobyvin

Disgusted with survival from LFS

Buy local aquaculture specimens!!! the selection is growing
  4. gobyvin

AndyV, I think we are on the same page, but practicing husbandry a little differently. I try to limit time in QT to the shortest possible time required and was trying to help people understand the value I have found in observation of specimens when making handling decisions when presented with...
  5. gobyvin

By the way, Mr. Colorni’s container rotation symphony of QT will probably kill any fish in captivity. I would NEVER subject a living creature to this treatment. It is cruel and unnecessary. Every two days??! A new sterile container??! How would one manage stable water quality??
  6. gobyvin

AndyV, yes, I agree that the parasites cannot stay dormant forever. I did not state that they can, rather, I meant that through introductions of animals over periods of time, they can be reintroduced. Do you 90 day quarantine all coral frags from tanks that have foreign fish in them? If you...
  7. gobyvin

I did not spread any fake news, if you think that is where I am coming from
  8. gobyvin

Hi AndyV. I appreciate your work very much and believe your summary to be correct from what you have found and I have read. You are probably going to pop a vessel if I tell you I am a scientist. Nothing I said is refuted by your arguments. I simply, make sure you understand, SIMPLY, stated...
  9. gobyvin

Granted, I did not buy any and try yet.
  10. gobyvin

OSA fish looked like a million bucks compared to other places I have been to.
  11. gobyvin

Hollywood Stunner Chalice going pale

Thanks Guys!
  12. gobyvin

Interesting AndyV. I bet it is too much light. I appreciate the no stress comment Dong!!! I will chill and try moving it into a little more shade. The water is pretty low N, but P is not limiting. I am actually trying to lower it some, and am getting there. It was .374 ppm or 120 ppb via...
  13. gobyvin

Thanks to any that can suggest a fix, or guide me not to stress over it .
  14. gobyvin

Pic
  15. gobyvin

Here is the updated picture of my problem chalice, still growing fast, just paling out from edge to center as well.
  16. gobyvin

Paulo, I am sorry this happened. Bad circumstances. My best advice, never buy so many specimens at once, and never let anyone Quarantine for you. Some specimens are better not quarantined sometimes. It is a crap shoot at best when you try to add new animals in a marine tank.
  17. gobyvin

Take it easy and have fun with your tanks AndyV. The invert parasites only come out of hiding on stressed animals. If your animals are happy, you will have nothing to fight off.
  18. gobyvin

Broken Bulbs

Just ordered t5 from aquacave. They were packed great too. Sorry for the waste and headache, thanks for sharing the experience
  19. gobyvin

Bristles on fish

I had a blenny that liked to battle them when he found them in a hole he wanted to sit in. He had bristles on his head A LOT. Hopefully he manages.
  20. gobyvin

But like I said it is growing fast. I will update Monday. Thanks so much for the help here!!!

Upcoming Events

Sunday September 22, 2019
Fragtastic Show
12 to 4 pm
Leominster Eagles
456 Litchfield Street
Leominster, MA

Sponsors

Frank's Frags
Backwoods Reef
Acro Garden
Frag Freaks