Search results

1. MURedhawk

Sold Moving Sale - WaterBox 100.3 Entire System + Animals - NEW PRICE $1999 OBO

In the next 6-8 months, we are moving and sadly I will have to get rid of my reef tank as it will be too challenging to move. I have been salt water reefing since 2013 and had previously had 20+ years of fresh water experience. I would like to sell my reef tank system to a buyer who will come...
  2. MURedhawk

Gfci tripping with new Aquaticlife T5

I have a 30 amp dedicated gfci outlet for tank with all equipment running thru those lines. The exception is the Aquaticlife T5 system which is run on a non gfci line nearby. Every time I try to plug in the lighting into the gfci lines it trips the gfci immediately. These are suspended lights...
  3. MURedhawk

Would you add an anthia or another fish?

Looking of a red or pink color to add to tank. I guess I could add a coral in that color, but would you add an anthia or even a dwarf angel or other suggestions. All fish get along except firefish and Dottyback. Mixed reef with mostly LPS, some soft coral and few frags of sps. Clam Snails...
  4. MURedhawk

Hitchhiker on coral

I noticed this in my new GSP coral that I got about 1 month ago. When the GSP is open during the day, it is impossible to see this hitchhiker. I noticed this at night and took a flash picture to show this. The anemone moves back and forth thru the GSP rock island and does not appear to cause the...
  5. MURedhawk

Bryopsis and Magnesium experience

I have had a few patches of bryopsis algae imported in on some new coral additions (not noticed when purchased). (I dip all corals in Coral Rx.) At first I thought it was just a mild hair algae and my parameters were good. Nitrate 0 Nitrite 0 Phosphate 0 (tested at LFS) CA 430-450 ALK...
  6. MURedhawk

Opinions on macro algae in display tank

Would you put halimeda or maiden's hair in your display tank? I saw some excellent specimens of both at a LFS. I currently only use caulerpa in the refugium as an export medium. I have fish, mostly LPS, gorgonians, clam, shrimp, other inverts, and some soft corals. They look interesting and...
  7. MURedhawk

If you have a flexible or soft plumbed reef tank...

Just wanted to survey... If you have a flexible plumbed reef tank, how often do you replace your flexible tubing? 6 months Yearly Not at all until flow becomes problem or leak develops :) While on this topic, how often to you take apart and clean the impeller on your return pump...
  8. MURedhawk

Live rock on back wall?

Anyone aquascape back glass with live rock on magnet? I have an xtra Tunze osmolator magnet and was thinking of gluing it to some live rock for a 3 d effect and to add corals on back wall like my new Monti Cap. What kind of sealed magnets? Use Tunze magnet (it is sealed and heavy but expensive)...
  9. MURedhawk

Watchman and Tiger

New watchman goby and tiger pair. They are paired and dug hole at corner of tank near corner overflow despite my attempt to dig several holes in front display of display. I even had them together in container and lowered them to the spot I wanted them but they went to back of display. Lights...
  10. MURedhawk

Is it OK to turn off main pump 3 hours per day?

I have 65g with 20g sump, 2 Eco tech mp10s and about 65-70 lbs live rock with skimmer and filter bag. Sometimes watching TV it is still a bit loud (water noise coming into sump) with standard over flow from Marineland into ADHI refugium 20. I am a bit afraid to try the Herbie overflow design so...
  11. MURedhawk

Sound reductions for overflow tips and Mag7

Just spent over 3000 dollars on entire system for 65 g Marineland with Perfecto overflow and Mag7. Refugium has pipe that descends into the refugium and under the water level but the over flow makes a ton of noise. It is very upsetting to my wife when watching TV since it is noisy water...
  12. MURedhawk

Help with Power Strip Placement and Install - for Rookie

Hi all, I'm a rookie to saltwater and I am trying to install some PC 4 American DJ strips into my cabinet. My cabinet is an R&J Xtreme Maple cabinet for a 65g glass tank with refugium from ADHI. The cabinet has 3/4 inch side supports/walls. I wanted to be able to easily turn on and off...
  13. MURedhawk

New to Saltwater and Live Rock Questions

Hi all New to saltwater and setting up 65g plumbed tank with 26-28g refugium, Mag 7, 2 mp10s, Aquaticlife lighting 4 bulb. I have other gear already as well. I am going to use live sand but I have some questions on using rock. I can get cured live rock locally at LFS, some Tonga and some Figi...
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back