Search results

1. Curren007K

Free 200lbs Aragonite Substrate

I'm going to dump this when the snow melts if no body can use it.
  2. Curren007K

Another One Bites The Dust

Adding tangs can be tricky at times, some get stressed out very easily making them very suceptable to disease. Running a UV sterilizer will help maintain controllable ich levels. Diet is really key to boosting immune systems. Offering a variety of food options like flakes, frozen foods like...
  3. Curren007K

Tank redesign - rock work

Where are you getting the dry rock? If its store bought I would just rinse the rock and add it to the tank, the new pieces will go through an algae cycle. If you got it from another member and it was once live rock and now dead rock and has remnant hair algae or some other form of decaying...
  4. Curren007K

Just to be clear this is the substrate that was in my 180G tank, its been out of the water in 5G buckets for a week and a half now. Anything living is dead now, I would recommend rinsing before use in new systems that need to cycle.
  5. Curren007K

Still available!
  6. Curren007K

I just emptied out my 180G aquarium this past Sunday and have 200lbs of Carib Sea Aragonite Sea Floor Substrate available. Its a mix of crushed coral, gravel and sand. Its out of water and filled up four 5G buckets. Its available for free but the only condition is I used up all my buckets so...
  7. Curren007K

Green Chromis

Just a heads up Chromis will school together for a while but in my experience they established a pecking order. From there the last on the list usually gets killed off and so on and so forth until there's only one left. As Sean Connery would say..
  8. Curren007K

Star polyps not opening

Take the colony out of the water, if its a sponge the air would kill the sponge. Also try to take a turkey baster full of water and spray the colony outside of the tank. If it looks like white mucus or crumbles away like epoxy or if it smells absolutely terrible it could be something similar to...
  9. Curren007K

Thats a big worm.

Neooo my gahd that is absolutely terrifying.
  10. Curren007K

Wtb powder blue

I still have my Powder Brown if you're interested.
  11. Curren007K

New 180 Gallon SC Aquariums Build

Wow those are some beautiful angels and tangs! The new set up is looking awesome.
  12. Curren007K

40 breeder display and sump

Keep any SPS you get higher up for good lighting and good flow, acans did better for me towards the bottom. Personally I've never owned a clam but I know they need pretty intense lighting. I have a colony of larry jackson acro and a small colony teal pavona available if you're interested...
  13. Curren007K

Just got back in to a reef tank

Nice looking tank, and cat!
  14. Curren007K

Back in to the reef tank. Help needed.

I opted for an RO Buddie during my reefing tenure. Its relatively cheap, and you can get replacement cartridges fairly priced both through Amazon. Well worth the investment to be able to make your own water for changes and top offs.
  15. Curren007K

Haha he's still available, would be happy to see him go to your nice set up. Things are shaping up real nicely. That's a whole lottah wattah in those jugs! I had to have a pool company deliver filtered water to fill mine up.
  16. Curren007K

What a tank and stand! Looking great so far.
  17. Curren007K

Frogspawn dying? Now war coral

Attack of the mushrooms? Not sure about mushrooms versus lps but I use to have a rock with purple mushrooms that dominated every other coral, palys/zoas, slimer, monti cap, birdsnest... they all lost.
  18. Curren007K

Bubble coral

I'm no bubble pro, but I would guess it was either eating or expelling in the first pic. Looks great in the third photo!
  19. Curren007K

Maxspect Gyre Vs Jebao Crossflow Vs IceCap 3K Gyre

Anyone have any experience with the more affordable alternatives to the maxspect gyre? I'm looking to switch over my wave makers but really don't want to drop $500 on two pumps and a controller.
  20. Curren007K

Power Outage

Whelp that was premature, almost all my SPS bleached over :( The Autumn-Solstice of Misfortune .
Back