Search results

1. wpeterson

Kessil A360 / Biocube Canopy Conversion

It doesn’t generate much heat. The A360 only sits maybe 5mm deep with the vents/cooling outside the canopy. The one challenge is a compromise between ideal height and how close the lid is to the water. This light usually sits 10-12” above the water to get a full dispersion across the tank...
  2. wpeterson

Kessil A360 / Biocube Canopy Conversion

I've downgraded to a humble biocube 32 in our living room over the years as work/kids have kept me from our earlier, more involved mixed reefs. After a few years, the cheapo LEDs built into the biocube hood died. I built a custom mount and installed a Kessil A360W from one of our larger...
  3. wpeterson

Great Experience with Blue Light Aquatics

I’ve been trying to find a proper tuxedo urchin on and off for 6 months. No one seems to have them in stock or have easy ways to check other than showing up in person the day their orders arrive and hoping. @Blue Light Aquatics answered my Want to Buy thread saying they had ORA tuxedos...
  4. wpeterson

All Set Tuxedo Urchin [Found!]

Wow, huge thank you to @Blue Light Aquatics for stocking high quality ORA livestock and being flexible around pickup with their staff doing runs in MA. Super easy purchase and a big win for our small aquarium. Thanks again! Marking this thread All Set.
  5. wpeterson

PMed you. I always prefer ORA when it’s available.
  6. wpeterson

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll follow up this week. For some reason I wasn't getting email notifications of replies.
  7. wpeterson

I’ve had a hard time finding one in stock with local fish stores. Happy to pay a premium for an easy pickup/sale of a healthy urchin. I’m located in Somerville, but I’m willing to travel within an hours drive.
  8. wpeterson

Gone Free Chaeto

Two folks have made plans to claim half of what I’ve got (large gallon bag each). If they claim the chaeto that will be the last of it. I’ll update if they do pickup.
  9. wpeterson

Gone Free Chaeto

Bump on this. I'll likely toss whatever is left if it isn't picked up this weekend.
  10. wpeterson

Cheato

There may be differing opinions, but I've set up an active refugium at inception in each of my last three tanks as soon as I began cycling our tanks. I've found that the extra buffer of the refugium helps with a "soft" cycle which is less extreme and shorter. Some folks may say you should wait...
  11. wpeterson

Gone Free Chaeto

DM me and we can arrange logistics.
  12. wpeterson

Gone Free Chaeto

Our refugium is producing more chaeto than I can use. I’ve got 4x small bunches to give away. Pickup in Somerville, MA near Davis Sq. DM me to arrange a time for pickup.
  13. wpeterson

In Praise of the Fighting Conch

Haha, right? I said the same thing to my wife. “Look at this gastropod! It’s like someone slapped google eyes on the picture!”
  14. wpeterson

In Praise of the Fighting Conch

We added a fighting conch earlier this week and they’re such an interesting creature. I’d never known that their operculum is combined foot/claw they use to move themselves around like paddling a gondola. Also a great sand sifter and one of the few eager eaters of Cyanobacteria I’ve seen...
  15. wpeterson

FS Tig Pods and Phyto

Wow, thanks to @Mixed Reefer for some amazing home grown pods! A large bottle just teeming with critters, like you can see in the pictures above. Probably the highest quality pods I’ve gotten. Puts both AlgaeBarn and local fish stores to shame. Thanks for an easy sale/pickup.
  16. wpeterson

FS Tig Pods and Phyto

Looks like the current batch may be spoken for, but I’d love to get in on the next batch.
  17. wpeterson

WTB Nassarius snails (5-10)

Love the Reef got some in stock after the last time I checked and posted this. I’m all set.
  18. wpeterson

WTB Nassarius snails (5-10)

I'm looking to purchase 5-10 nassarius snails, baby/juvenile is fine.
  19. wpeterson

What are these?

I still can't tell because you've got them out of the water, but they seem to have a siphone and shell shape consistent with nassarius snails. Behaviorally, if you saw a group of them scavenging a dead snail, that also matches up. If you can get a picture of them on the glass/sandbed there...
Back