Search results

1. mvallee

FS Heaters - Sicce return pump and tunze care magnet

Time to clear out the last of my stuff. Gone - I have two UEETK 400W controllable heaters with with LED Digital Temperature Readout and External Temperature Controller. One was used in tank for 2 months other was only used in mixing station $10 each Gone - Finnex 500W Deluxe Titanium Tube...
  2. mvallee

Sold Pair Tunze Turbelle NanoStream 6095 Power heads

I have a pair of Tunze Turbelle NanoStream 6095 complete with power supplies, controllers and interconnectivity cable. These things move some serious water and were nice and quiet. they were used for about 5 months before I tore tank down. $110 each buy them both for $200 Pick up in Leominster MA
  3. mvallee

FS Lights LED Gone T-5 All free Now

Selling all my excess lights. many were used on FW tanks but a couple SW as well. Pickup will be in Leominster MA First up Qty 2 current USA Marine LED lights 36". By far my favorite light but honestly not enough oomph for corals other than leathers and toadstools. I did run them on my QT tank...
  4. mvallee

Sold 180GPD RODI $50

Hoping this is allowed as ths is part of another FS thread that has gotten pretty long and tough to navigate. Need this gone before I take it off line. Slashing price to $50 and not looking to hold, ship etc... looking for someone that needs this and can come down soon. Membranes were replaced...
  5. mvallee

FS Updated prices -Tanks gone time to sell everything else

Now that I've sold the tank and fish it is time to start selling all the rest of the stuff and get some room back in the cellar Pick up in Leominster MA and if you buy multiple items I will give discounts Here is the list with prices, Gone Reef Power RP-M Powerhead Qty 3 $50 ea all 3 $130...
  6. mvallee

Sold Live Rock w misc. stuff and CUC

Have a couple nice pieces of Live Rock as well as a bunch of Sump rubble. This is live rock with tons of sponges pods and life but unfortunately have Aiptasia and some bubble algae too so priced accordingly. I was selling my tank with all contents that became a just all livestock deal and was...
  7. mvallee

FS RedSea Reefer 450 Complete running setup $1500

Looking to sell this 5 year old to me Red Sea Reefer 450 setup With Hybrid T5 AI Hydra lights, custom top and for the most part all mid to high end equipment. Reason for selling, I am just not getting any enjoyment out of it anymore. I loved the setup, research and buying part, that is the hobby...
  8. mvallee

FS Pretty large RBTA

This wandering Rainbow BTA has decided to settle right over my weeping willow toadstool and starting to piss off the leather and as you can see the weeping willow toadstool is trying to grow away from it. The BTA is about 4-5" across with nice long tentacles and has been in this spot now for...
  9. mvallee

Time to replenish clean up crew; who to use??

My tank has been running just over three years and I think the last of the clean up crew I bought has expired and time to replenish. I had used reef cleaners in the past and after spending time this morning building out a clean up crew of assorted snails, hemits, crabs and shrimp to the tune of...
  10. mvallee

Skimmer overflowing, Why?

My Skimmer, a reef octopus essence s130 that has been running on my system for three years will not stop overflowing, I have given it a thorough cleaning, raised it up to the point of the lower vent of the exit is above the water line, verified venturi is clear, no new additions or use of epoxy...
  11. mvallee

Gone Nice Clown Fish

My Sister in-law had to quickly close her tank down and gave me her Clown fish to rehome. I have no details of the type but it is a pretty standard looking clown with nice black rim all around. I would keep it if I could but have tried in the past and my existing pair will not allow it. It is...
  12. mvallee

Sea Cucumber split

I have had this Pink and Black Sea Cucumber for almost three years now. About three weeks ago I noticed it up at the top curled up and looking odd. I knew the dangers so was thinking about pulling it but it was stuck to the side and still seemed quite solid so I left it. It disappeared for...
  13. mvallee

RBTA getting huge, any concern for my fish?

Looking at the tank today I saw my trigger spitting and working his jaw and was trying to figure out what was going on. Turns out one of my RBTA's had worked it's way down into the cave my trigger usually goes into and he was biting at it. this made me think, what is the risk of RBTA's to my...
  14. mvallee

Trimming large Toadstool

I have a large Solomon Island Toadstool I got from Greg Hiller about 2 and a half years ago. This thing has grown from the size of a quarter to 18"+ across. I love it and consider it the centerpiece of my tank but it is really outgrowing my tank. Is there a way to trim it back to maybe 1/2 the...
  15. mvallee

Sold Aiptasia eating filefish $25 - $15 if can commit to this weekend

I have a filefish that was part of a bonded pair I bought from divers den, They did their job, wiped out all the aiptasia in the DT but then started going after polyps from some toadstools, a Pocillporra and some LPS I had so not reef safe once the aiptasia is eliminated. I moved them to my sump...
  16. mvallee

Sold Nice 28 gallon Biocube LED lights $120

I bought this 28 gallon Oceanic BioCube to house a couple fish I needed to remove from my display that were in my sump. Unfortunately the fish did not do well in the sump while I was getting this setup and no longer need this Details: Ocenainc Biocube 28 gallon all in one with Stand, return...
  17. mvallee

Rapid LED wiring question

I bought a used Biocube 29 with the rapid 29 LED kit. The LED controller had been dropped in the water and tossed but the guy said the lights can be hardwired just want to make sure I am doing it right. So each transformer has 4 wires red, black, white and blue. Each channel of LED's has a red...
  18. mvallee

Long slow ride

First for everything. Not sure what this nem was thinking but hitching a ride on a sea cucumber isn't going to get it anywhere too fast.
  19. mvallee

Who is eating my toadstool

I have one of those weeping willow toadstools that has not been doing so well. I got it about 18 months ago and at first seemed fine, growing, nice polyp extension but then it just retracted and was going downhill. It was a $79 purchase at the size of a dime so for a toadstool pretty expensive...
  20. mvallee

Gone Big chunk of Chaeto if anyone wants it

anyone near leominster MA looking for Chaeto, Just took a huge chunk of healthy chaeto out of my sump and before I toss it wanted to see if anyone has a need. Straight from tank, I have bristle worms and asterina star fish and who knows what other pests but all the normal stuff you would find in...
Back