Search results

1. Quadman2004

Dosing?

Gents/ladies I have a question. Can someone explain to me how my frag tank which I don’t dose just water changes, looks as good as my display tank which I do dose alkalinity and calcium? I missed dosing when I was on vacation and the corals look great. So I continued to not dose (3 months) now...
  2. Quadman2004

Hippo in corner tank overflow

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Still trying to get him out. I'll keep trying but don't want to stress him to much. He's lived in there this long so I'll try something different each day. Thanks again [emoji225][emoji226] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Quadman2004

Hippo in corner tank overflow

Hoping someone can help me with this problem I have. I have a 92gl corner tank. My hippo tang disappeared 6-7wks ago. Long story short.....I found him in my overflow. With the shape of the tank I can't get directly over the overflow to try and catch him because I can't reach and there's only 2...
  4. Quadman2004

Categories in marketplace?

Guys/Gals i haven't been on for a long time and it looks like a lot has changed. Under the marketplace heading i noticed no option for separate categories ie: corals-equipment etc. Looks like everything is mixed together. Am i missing something or is this the new format? Thanks, Quadman2004
  5. Quadman2004

Replacing pvc ball valves

Thanks for the advice John. I will keep all of it in mind when I replace them.
  6. Quadman2004

All great info and advice guys! My valves are stuck in the open position. This might be a stupid question but when I cut them out what happens to the water in the tank? If I drain just the overflow will that work and avoid a flood?
  7. Quadman2004

My ball valves on my return pipe and drain pipe into my sump are frozen and can't turn them at all. I need to replace them. My questions are Is there any way to loosen these at all to avoid replacing them? What's the best way to replace them? Do I need to empty water from tank first?
  8. Quadman2004

Fellow reefers,

Thank you all for the advice and suggestions. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. Quadman2004

Fellow reefers,

It's a jebao rw8. I finally got it apart. It was frozen solid. All well in the world again. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. Quadman2004

Fellow reefers,

Impeller isn't swollen at all. I'll try your suggestion later. Thanks! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Quadman2004

Fellow reefers,

So you let the pumps run in the vinegar for 30mins or so? I've never tried that but sounds like a great idea. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. Quadman2004

Fellow reefers,

Looking for solutions for cleaning a power head. I have one that I can't get the calcium buildup out so it runs. I've soaked it in vinegar for 2days and still no luck. Never had this happen before. I don't want to damage the impeller. Any suggestions? Tia. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. Quadman2004

Wp 25 placement in 92gl corner tank.

Thanks Myram. What mode do you use? Wave, else etc? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. Quadman2004

Wp 25 placement in 92gl corner tank.

Hey guys/gals. Looking for advice on placement of my 2 wp 25's in a 92 gl corner tank. It's going to be your basic reef tank soft/hard corals, fish etc. Thanks in advance Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. Quadman2004

light set up for a 92gl corner tank.

I'd like to see those pics as well. Sounds cool. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. Quadman2004

Thanks guys. Appreciate any and all advice.
  17. Quadman2004

Thanks for the info s_Kelley. Just the one Radium covered it?
  18. Quadman2004

Paul's' new build..

Amazing! Love the rockwork!
  19. Quadman2004

My 54 corner set up and progresion thread

Wow! That looks great!. I'm in the process of putting together a 92 corner tank myself...piece by piece. I have most of what I need except for lights. What brand lights are you using here?
  20. Quadman2004

Looking for suggestions on how to configure lights for a 92 corner tank. Also any advice on type of lights.
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back