Search results

1. JasonandSarah

Name that Clown

Yeah lower grade black ice juvenile. It'll turn black instead of brown over time. Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
  2. JasonandSarah

Favorite Favia Show off Thread

Mine would have to be Tyree Mia's pot of gold. Unfortunately I traded my piece, but here it is....
  3. JasonandSarah

Fish trap?

I used a gallon Hawaiian punch jug a couple days ago and caught a potters angel within an hour. Same idea as the soda bottle but bigger for a wider fish.
  4. JasonandSarah

unable to keep sps.

+1 to what others have said. You ask for advice and you're getting some good advice from these guys you should listen. If you have low nutrients running your alk to high will cause a host of problems! (I know from experience) also if you do want to run a higher alk then you can allow your...
  5. JasonandSarah

Flatworms??

Hoven's wrasse- Melanurus or blue velvet naudibranchs (don't get both at the same time though because the blue velvet will be a snack!)
  6. JasonandSarah

What happened to my NASO

I had a tang that looked like that over night and it had gotten stuck to a power head. Same lines and everything, almost seemed like it sucked every bit of fluids out of its body because it got deathly skinny overnight. Unfortunately mine only made it a few days after the incident and passed :(
  7. JasonandSarah

Id please

Perished capastrea? #1
  8. JasonandSarah

Rouge emerald crab

I still have 2 in my tank that are the same way. Like I already said I'm not accusing emerald crabs of being Sps cereal killers I just don't want others to think that emerald crabs are 100% reef safe all the time. They can get a taste of something and turn.
  9. JasonandSarah

Rouge emerald crab

That's what I thought for along time. I've had emerald crabs in my tank since day one and always considered them very safe. I have a couple that live on the undersides of sps and I've never really worried. I still have all my other emerald crabs and I'm keeping them. I'm basically just saying...
  10. JasonandSarah

Rouge emerald crab

Wow don't I feel dumb! I've had some colonies getting picked on for the past couple weeks and I could figure out what was doing it! Watching the tank very closely for the past few days and last night I finally caught the little bastard!! It was an emerald crab and it was munching on my Rainbow...
  11. JasonandSarah

DIY Break out box for Apex

Subscribed... Great ideas and got me seriously thinking about going diy again with mine. Ty for sharing
  12. JasonandSarah

DIY Break out box for Apex

Really nice build thread! When I had my Jr I built my own b.o.b. as well but yours is really clean.
  13. JasonandSarah

180 gallon bowfront dream build

Radion gen 3 pro's, vertex omega 150 or 180i, Apex controller (even if it's the Jr) and a couple Quiet drive Mp's size up to you. Although the shimmer on the kessils is really nice, I bought 2 A360we's and wasn't entirely happy with them. The wides have good spread but lack in power where...
  14. JasonandSarah

Looking for SID V2

Idk if he wants to part out but the one I was supposed to buy from Intheflesh is available again. I ended up buying an Apex...
  15. JasonandSarah

What caused my Blue SPS to turn Green?

Yeah Fwiw I used to keep my levels pretty high, 12 dkh - 470 Cal - 1400 Mag and since reading PSU4ME comments and tank thread I've lowered my levels and I've seen great results. Oddly enough I lowered my levels to get better color but I've also had better growth as well. Oh yeah and I'm...
  16. JasonandSarah

By alternating do you mean they're not on at the same time? Does the birds nest polyps get nice movement? Mayne you could try spot feeding some reef chilli to the corals that are not as happy as you'd like? I shut off all flow and spot feed my Sps once a week with coral frenzy. I do occasional...
  17. JasonandSarah

You mean plankton? You normally have to feed your reef plankton it doesn't just readily grow in our closed systems. I mean we do have small pods in our tanks but I highly doubt is enough for Sps. Especially if you have any kind of pod predictors. In my case I have 2 wrasses that hunt pods all...
  18. JasonandSarah

+1 to the above, also what kind of flow do you got going on? Oddly enough I've noticed birdsnest to be on the the first to react when there isn't enough flow. As far as color and sps, it could be one of many factors but my bet would be feeding (more) or lower nutrients. Sps need to eat too...;)
  19. JasonandSarah

Nick's Reef

Very beautiful stuff as always! Couple pieces I'd love to get my hands on.
  20. JasonandSarah

Id please

Good polyp extention and is hard to tell from the pic but maybe a tri color Valida? http://www.orafarm.com/products/hardcoral/acropora/tri-color-valida/
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back