Search results

1. JasonandSarah

Rouge emerald crab

Wow don't I feel dumb! I've had some colonies getting picked on for the past couple weeks and I could figure out what was doing it! Watching the tank very closely for the past few days and last night I finally caught the little bastard!! It was an emerald crab and it was munching on my Rainbow...
  2. JasonandSarah

My tank overview and pictures

Been a member for a little over a year so I thought it might be time to share some pics and info of the tank. My tank is a 75g w/40g breeder sump. Lighting is 2 Gen 3 Radion Pro's and 2 54w T5's (Ati BP&Actinic) for filtration I have a (New) Vertex Omega 150, Gfo reactor and a Carbon reactor...
  3. JasonandSarah

Coral inspection tools?

What do people use to inspect incoming corals? I'm specifically asking for thoughts on AEFW (and eggs) inspection but wouldn't mind hearing about all the tools people use. I was looking at jewelers looms and magnifying glasses w/led? Like these? Definitely think I'd like the hands free ones.
  4. JasonandSarah

What's your dream skimmer?

Wamt to know people's current opinion?
  5. JasonandSarah

Gyre xf 150 w/ wp40

So I recently bought a Gyre and really like it so far. Only problem in having is I don't think I'm getting enough flow on my sand bed at full power(pulse mode). Luckily it has plenty of flow on the top where my sps are but I feel like it dies out quickly after hitting the glass? So my biggest...
  6. JasonandSarah

Algae help...

I'm kinda baffled about getting algae all of a sudden. I noticed it a few weeks ago and immediately started cutting off pieces of rock it was growing on. It's mostly on my sand bed now and on some Zoa frags. Looks to me to be Bryopsis and I'm not liking that at all. I try very hard to keep a...
  7. JasonandSarah

Reef Deal Pet Co takes competitors coupons

This isn't really a deal right now but I read this weekend that Pet Co takes competitors coupons. Kinda cool if Petsmart or something is having a good deal. I think Petsmart takes Pet Co's as well?
  8. JasonandSarah

Acro problems... Ballon tips?

I have this acro that's acting funny and getting Ballon tips. I've asked a few people I know and no one seems to really know what it is? It's been like this awhile but it's still growing great and coloration is the best it's ever been? If I touch the tips it's like a hard sponge and it...
  9. JasonandSarah

Our hobby is in trouble

Please take a second to read through this thread. Our hobby is in trouble and everyone in out hobby should know the facts and try and lend a hand in the fight to educate people about our hobby and get rid of the thoughts that out hobby is single handedly decimating reefs...
  10. JasonandSarah

Cyano help...

So I've been battling some issues for awhile. Started out by getting some Gha because I took my gfo offline. I then put the gfo back into action and slowly got my phosphates back in check. Problem now though is ever since I started getting my phosphates in check my tank has slowly started...
  11. JasonandSarah

Cultivated reef

I just purchased 2 kessil A360WE's from cultivated reef. They did not have them on sale but other web sites did, so I messaged cultivated reef and quickly got a response that they'd price match and drop ship it to my door for free:) I've had multiple positive experiences with cultivated reef...
  12. JasonandSarah

Reef Deal Aqua cave 10% off entire site

This is good for a couple of the bigger name brands as well, like kessil and maxspect. http://us4.campaign-archive1.com/?u=03b22f85b40bbbd5a0798f9dc&id=068d6a2b19 Aquarium speciality is having a 10% off sale as well but I don't have the link.
  13. JasonandSarah

new brs member from Maine.

Just wanted to introduce our selves. Our names are Jason & Sarah were from Maine and are also part of Maine frag swap. We've been keeping fish tanks for a couple years and have had a reef tank for a year now. Mixed reef with mostly Lps and Sps.
Back