Search results

1. reefstarter

WTB Sea lettuce / Ulva WTB

If anyone near Worcester has any sea lettuce they want to give away or sell please let me know . Thank you!
  2. reefstarter

Salt mix prices

So I was using Red Sea blue bucket when I had one tank up I switched to reef crystals when I set up my 180 ( which is doing great by the way ) now even reef crystals is a bit spendy. So I thought id ask here to see who is using what brand and how the prices compare before I get a couple buckets...
  3. reefstarter

WTB Looking for sea lettuce

If you are near Worcester please reach out . Thanks
  4. reefstarter

Auto top off pump from basement

So I’m trying to decide on a pump to get RODI from my mix station to my new 180 . On my current tank I’m using a BRS ato doser and it works fine controlled by my Hydros . I may end up using the same but I started thinking of there was something a bit faster that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg ...
  5. reefstarter

WTB Looking for Custom canopies

Anyone know of anybody that can build one and match the stain color to the stand? Planet tanks come with a standard height of either 8 or 12 inches. I’m looking to go about 22 . Thanks in advance
  6. reefstarter

Which return pump?

So I’m trying to decide which one to get . For my new 180 My choices are as follows: Jebao Octo 6 Sicce 7 SDC Red Dragon speedy 3 What would you choose ? Have you had any of these? Problems?
  7. reefstarter

Tony’s 180 build

I just couldn’t do it a couple small tanks and be happy, nope not me lol. I feel someday I’ll have a 400 . But for now this bad boy is going in my living room. After the floors and it’s painted of course. Planet tank with stand and canopy. So someone buy my Waterbox lol
  8. reefstarter

Sold 12 ft aluminum v hull with trailer and motor sold

Asking $1200 Motor is a 2 hp two stroke has good compression starts right up . Includes dual battery box for trolling motor and fish finder which I will include . Trailer and tires in good shape . Trailer has deck boards installed on it for walking on . Only need a bung plug which I had but...
  9. reefstarter

Gone Waterbox marine 90.3 reduced price $850

Decided to upgrade to a bigger tank I set this up exactly a year ago as a freshwater tank ran for I think 8 months. No scratches I got it new . Includes tank stand sump made of glass with 2 -4 inch socks asking $1000 I can help you load it but pick up in Douglas mass .
  10. reefstarter

FS Aqua UV 25 Watt $250

Used to get rid of Dinoflagellates. Works as it should . I am removing from tank today and I will clean it . Includes mounting brackets . No pump I’m keeping that for another tank
  11. reefstarter

Cold water snails and limpets

I’m sure this has been asked before but I don’t remember the outcome of the subject. Can they be acclimated to reef tanks or not ? I remember Paul B talking about this I’m working right on the water and thought at the very least grab some pods but I saw a ton of limpets and these little grey...
  12. reefstarter

Filter roller in Waterbox sump .

So I was thinking of getting a Klir 4 inch drop in . Now I may be behind on these things ( they came out just as I left the hobby) I’ve been seeing mixed reviews for these. Just watching videos I’m not sure I like how much the water level will change in sump . Now since I haven’t put water in...
  13. reefstarter

WTB 100 gallon storage tanks

Looking to make a mixing station with 2 100 gallon tanks . Thank you
  14. reefstarter

Auto water changes and nutrients

We all know ( and dread ) that water changes are the single best thing we can do for our tanks . Be it a weekly or bi weekly or monthly thing . Now that we have automatic water change systems the game has changed. Or at least it seems that way . I posted in build threads a picture of my new tank...
  15. reefstarter

Waterbox marine 110.4 build

Hello everyone, I’m back After a 3 year break from hobby to get things in order without the added stress of a reef tank I’m back . About a month ago I still had it set in my mind I wasn’t going to do it and I made a mistake. We went to Mystic aquarium….. literally on the way home from there I...
  16. reefstarter

Why spring for royal exclusive equipment

So I have been away from hobby for about a year, I kept finding myself looking at tanks and drooling over them . I just got the green light from the boss to build another one as big as I want . Yorgos was witness to this lol. So it's still going to be a while before this all happens but I'm...
  17. reefstarter

After a year

I ran this tank with AI Hydra 52's up till this last weekend . The lights did well , but always felt I needed more . Even though I was running them over 100% I now have a 6x54 ATI dimmable with an SB reef bar and after just 4 days I am starting to see better results . Not putting down Leds ...
  18. reefstarter

GFI Tripping periodically

I've been trying to fix this issue for a while now I can't figure what it is . Nothing is getting wet , the skimmer I just replaced . I replaced the heater . I run a pair of MP40's , so no power in the water there . My ATO ( Tunze 3155 is less than 6 mos old . nothing else but the temp...
  19. reefstarter

Emergency tank power suggestions for YOU !!!

As you all know power outages can be a real problem for our tanks . I have seen a few post as of late of people losing their tanks due to this . Sorry for your loss . But here are some ways you can keep the tank alive for the next time . best option is a generator , but some people live in...
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back