Search results

1. showard

Looking for glass to cut

I am making an enclosure for my tarantula and was wondering if anyone had any glass laying around. Unfortunately my tank is no longer so I don't have any frags but if you msg me a price we can work something out. I was looking at taking apart a cheap/free tank but wanted to check here first...
  2. showard

Acro show off

Can y'all post your acros here. Bad day at work and need some color in my day. Very much appreciated! Colonies, frags, heck even your green slimers are welcome.
  3. showard

Salifert test kits

Just ordered mine... Can't wait for them to come :D my old test kits expired this month so I've been comparing salifert vs red sea just because the viles seem easier to clean out and there appears to be less moving parts. Just wondering why everyone loves the test kit that they do.
  4. showard

Silly idea

I kinda wanna buy an extra membership and give it to a newbie every once and a while. Idk I'm the giving type sometimes so lmk if that's kosher. I wouldn't just buy one and hold onto it, I would more or less talk to them and then give you the cash and their username. I love stuff like that an...
  5. showard

Please advice electrical issue!

Hey reefer friends! I thought this was ok but apparently not. I realized during peak time yesterday all of my lights (2 250watt radium's) and my 3 300 watt heaters were on yesterday and I woke up to smell this. Very glad my home didn't burn down but I would like that you nicely tell me what to...
  6. showard

Lol

7. showard

Trying a new idea!!

Lately I have been thinking about switching to tap water *GASP.* Well it’s done now, to counteract the huge increase in algae growth (also having tons of coral growth v.s. before) I’ve setup a fuge in a 55 gallon drum. A 1/4” rodi line brings water from the back of the display to the barrel...
  8. showard

Traveling to N. Carolina

Curious to know if people know about fish stores down here lol
  9. showard

Need someone to test my TDS

My inline TDS meter broke and I think it's time for new RO filter, not sure though. I would love it if someone near me (North Attleboro) could test my TDS for me.
  10. showard

Bulk reef doesn't carry IO salt...

That I can find. Maybe Im just overly tired lol but I can't find any reef crystals or the regular purple box. Any input?
  11. showard

Paid 2 days ago... still nothing...

Still in the dark here... paid for the membership tuesday, still waiting today... Posted in the forums/pm'd badpapi/emailed support email and no reply... Kinda annoyed because there has been so much touting of "members only" this and that and no one gets back to me when I actually sign up...
  12. showard

I guess I should tell you...

That I've been hiding a big secret! I upgraded to a 210 (from my 90). I got the tank a few weeks ago, set it up and have been tweaking it ever since. http://s1149.photobucket.com/user/nuvuku/slideshow/ Heres what I have running so far: Reef Octopus SRO3000 Skimmer Bashsea 6-24 Skimmer...
  13. showard

Too Much LR in my tank

Hey all I have finally decided that the 200+/-lbs of LR in my 90 gallon is too much... Its mostly just those stupid huge pieces of base rock that inhibit my 'scape. Anyone have any ideas on how I can remove these pieces while keeping my tank stable?? I figure I can pull all of the brittle stars...
  14. showard

Jobs in New England dealing with marine life

I am going to school in the fall and I am curious to know what jobs that there are in marine biology around here that are not at SeaWorld. Maybe even some that are dealing with reefs or temperate animals.
  15. showard

82.1F... :( Help

Hey guys my apex just started singing and I read the display... 82.1... still is there. I shut the lights off, skimmer, fuge light but its staying there so I took a fan that is called a vornado (some of you may know it) and have it on high blasting air at my sump. Also took the glass tops off...
  16. showard

Automatic water change with dosing pump?

Hey all I would like to set up a dosing pump hopefully with stepper motors and larger diameter tubing, and need some input/guidance! The reason for doing this is to only have to do big water changes once in a while and my tank will stay cleaner much more consistently. The schedule is as...
  17. showard

Need some help on sorting my tank

I am having a hard time getting rid of dinos. I think this is because I am a total genius and broke some rock apart, on purpose for mounting frags on, and rinsed them in the tank because I am lazy... Word to the wise... don't do that in large quantities. I have not tested my water but I do have...
  18. showard

Thinking of kessil a360we for my 90

Hey all I need some input here I am at a loss. I have 4 of those chinese black box fixtures over my sps dominated 90 and they are great. Well until this morning when one of the blue channel drivers blew and now only the whites/reds/greens work, kind of annoying but expected. I am not sure if...
  19. showard

Where to buy weld on 4 and 16 LOCALLY?

Hey all I have some acrylic projects I need some weld on 4 and 16 for. Preferably I would like to buy it in a store because due to its "hazardous" nature, it takes a while to ship. I will wait for shipping if I have to but I'd rather not. If you know of anywhere near you that sells either please...
  20. showard

Thinking about tank out some rock. I need some guidance

Hey all! I am thinking of taking out some of my larger pieces of LR to make room for more corals and swimming space for the fish. I have a ton of rock and I don't want to get of it because I want to get a 6 foot tank in the not so far future and all this rock would fit very nice in one of those...
Back