Search results

1. M

Power outage

Good luck. For the future you can get a jumper box for cars that has and a.c. plug which should run a smaller powerhead for a while. If I wasn't stuck working I would bring you mine.
  2. M

Opinions of Radion xr15 g4

I currently have a ocean revive 247 and have had a non branded eBay light before. What makes me want to change is the ability to see and set it to a spectrum more then percentage. I was thinking to eventually have two radion but also thought about two AI prime hd which is more cost friendly...
  3. M

Are these lights less popular then I assume?
  4. M

I have a 45g Jbj which is 25.6"W x 15.5D x 18.5"T. I plan to have a mixed reef with very little sps some Lps and mostly mushrooms and zoas and possible a BTA. Do you think one radion xr15 would work? I know they say 24" × 24" coverage and BRS recommends 18" x 18". Looking for some real...
  5. M

AquaMax HOB skimmer question

I find if I either over tighten or under tighten the screw after cleaning I can get water and sometimes bubbles.
  6. M

Lunar LEDs

I use a 21led.com 453nm light bar. I use the ramptimer but they have simpler dimmers and other options.
  7. M

Finally calibrated ph probe

Thanks, I work nights so I will be checking on it.
  8. M

Finally calibrated ph probe

So finally calibrated ph probe but my reading are very stable almost to stable. Does this look normal?
  9. M

21LESUSA.com

I have dealt with them and even though everything wasn't to my liking at first they where very helpful to get it right. I got the reefbar in 453nm, sunsetter ramp controller and extension. Just wanted to add I found them on eBay and the price was cheaper then buying direct.
  10. M

Algea reactor

I needed hang on back and the TLF 550 was the widest and biggest I could find at 4.5". The screw top is optimal but I like that when I service it having the inlet and outlet on the side it drains down so easier not to spill water. I do wish it was acrylic though That is a huge jump in nitrate!
  11. M

Algea reactor

Thanks for the info. I ended up running it the way it was in the picture. Now just to find some local chaeto.
  12. M

Algea reactor

I have read that also. Do you run an algea reactor? If so what type of reactor and how long have you been running it?
  13. M

Algea reactor

I am in the process of building a DIY algea reactor out of a TLF 550. I am looking for some feedback in regards to heat issues from the leds. I have read a couple accounts of the reactors cracking from heat stress. So far I have this testing on a bucket but thinking of maybe mounting the...
  14. M

Thats a big worm.

https://rumble.com/v3x5g9-enormous-bristle-worm-went-unnoticed-until-he-began-emptying-his-aquarium..html?mref=8102&mc=lt1ky&instant
  15. M

Mounting apex

Do you guys hard mount the apex? I have used heavy duty Velcro for my RKL and other controller boxes but the eb8 feels to heavy for that.
  16. M

LED accent lighting...

I just got the 10"bar non pro of 453nm for moon light. I also got the ramp timer so I can do sunrise/sunset and supplement my ocean revive t247. Unfortunately can't comment of quality cause they can't seem to get me a dc extension where the water tight fittings actually screw in. They...
  17. M

considering re joining

This thread just confirmed that I will rejoin tomorrow. The information gained is well worth the 20 not including the deals I have gotten with purchases on the forum and chances to recoup money on used equipment I want to sell. Even though I will probably never make a meeting due to location...
  18. M

daily water changes

I would love to see the wrote up of that! As I think about it I refill 5 gallon ato pretty much every week and 6 days on average in the winter, I have forced hot air. Then like anything else you monitor and if salinity starts to trend it would be easy just to add a little fresh water or...
  19. M

daily water changes

I like the idea but wonder if you can do it with ato cause evaporation varies depending on many factors.
  20. M

bio pellet reactor advice

Yes. Sorry I misunderstood.
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back