Search results

1. M

Adding sand

Hey All...hope you are all safe and fat and happy from the FFM this weekend. I've got a question...I recently started back up, but have a sand bed of like half an inch. I want to add more. Much more. It's a 60-gallon tank. What's the best way to do this without shocking the system? Bag of sand...
  2. M

Getting back in, but ahhhh the set backs...

Hi All...I've been without a tank for a couple of years now, and am ready to jump back in...pause for applause... With that being said, I was cleaning out an old 29 gal cube, and found a small crack in the bottom. It's about 3 inches and shaped like a shallow "S". Not sure how long it's been...
  3. M

Help with feeding a Jeweled Moray Eel

Fellow reefers....need some help asap! I've got an jeweled moral eel that hasn't eaten in about a week. I try to feed him religiously, but he won't take any food. I've used silversides (1 1/2-2 inches) whole and in half, previously frozen squid, mysis shrimp and even live minnows. He isn't going...
  4. M

180 gallon bowfront dream build

Ok all. Like I said in my intro, im new up from Miami. I have a temp 65 gallon in my in laws house just to keep me sane. I'm looking to buy a new house in the next 3-4 months. With that being said, I'm buying a new 180 gallon bowfront (or finding one nearly new). What additions would you all add...
  5. M

New to the area, from Miami, FL

Hi all~ I just got stationed up in Boston and am living in Cranston while looking for a house up there, probably in 6 months or so. I am purchasing a Red Sea 250 today, as a temp tank to house some coral I brought up from Miami. I will try and post some pics when it's all set up...I'm...
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back