Search results

1. Syntax

The struggle continues….

Here’s a good picture of how the recession looks. Slowly works up from base, but doesn’t look like bare flesh.
  2. Syntax

The struggle continues….

I change at least 10% a week using Red Sea regular salt. Had the same issue with Fritz blue box. No, not all frags, some seem to be doing well. I bumped alk to 8, i’ll raise it a little more and see if things improve.
  3. Syntax

The struggle continues….

Thanks for your thoughts. I agree with what you are saying and I honestly don’t think I could keep alk more stable than I already do. I use a trident that I calibrate using tank water verified by salifert test kits. This is very frustrating because i seem to be doing the things that should...
  4. Syntax

The struggle continues….

There are a few other acro frags that are beginning to show this base recession, it doesn’t look like typical stn, there seems to be a little flesh left in areas.
  5. Syntax

The struggle continues….

This frag has been in my tank since ffm. Almost all of it is gone.
  6. Syntax

The struggle continues….

There have been more than one study performed highlighting the inconsistency of icp, I think Paletta and Ross each came out with articles fairly recently. It’s hard to tell what could be causing the issues. I’m going to raise alk like you suggest and also nudge nutrients up a bit. Nitrate...
  7. Syntax

The struggle continues….

Should it read 0 or is there an acceptable level of noise?
  8. Syntax

The struggle continues….

I’ll have to research how to test for it, been years since I’ve tested.
  9. Syntax

The struggle continues….

I have not ruled that out.
  10. Syntax

The struggle continues….

That’s exactly what I’m using, BRS two part with tropic Marin trace A+ (added to alk) and K+ (added to calcium) with part C. Apparently I’m not adding nearly enough to the 2 part.
  11. Syntax

The struggle continues….

Agreed. Going to try a 50% water change soon and see if that helps. I have tropic Marin A+ and K+ that I put in my 2 part, apparently not enough. I’m going to start daily dosing both per instructions.
  12. Syntax

The struggle continues….

Still declining. Performed a 40 gallon water change last week that hasn’t seemed to help. The water change was after I sent in a sample for icp.
  13. Syntax

The struggle continues….

Finally got the results from icp. There was a delay because of the holiday. https://app.reef-labs.com/share/980ad8a3-b0d2-40f3-841a-fd9c6d0d748b
  14. Syntax

The struggle continues….

Me too
  15. Syntax

The struggle continues….

Going to slowly cut back the caulerpa in my sump and raise nutrients to see if that will make a difference. I’m trying to be patient and not change too much at one time.
  16. Syntax

The struggle continues….

5x2x2 about 155 gallons I’ve lowered the pumps about 25%. Flow is such a challenge, there are some acros in the tank where there is hardly any polyp movement from flow. I had my parameters checked at my lfs to see if they agree with mine, they do. The shop uses Red Sea test kits. I’m still...
  17. Syntax

The struggle continues….

I’m on the par meter wait list, so I should have readings in a month or so. I have a trident, but I can’t figure out how to generate a report that is longer than one month. Alk is very consistent between 7.3 and 7.6
  18. Syntax

The struggle continues….

I have been dealing with recession for over a year and can’t seem to get things to grow consistently growth begins and then either tips or base start to recede. I would say that 50% have or are showing issues. My photo period is 12 hours of xho led with an hour ramp up and down with the...
  19. Syntax

The struggle continues….

10% weekly.
  20. Syntax

The struggle continues….

I sent out an icp this morning. I’ll post results once they become available. I have some caulerpa growing in my sump, quite a bit so I wouldn’t be surprised if iron and a few others are low. I have about 45 gallons of water mixed and ready to go, I’ll have time Thursday to get a change done...
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back