Search results

1. Bandit13

24x24 Frag Tank Log

Decided to seperate out my frag tank post to and start a log for it. Copying over and posting all the old stuff about the frag tank that was from my my 65gallon log thread https://bostonreefers.org/forums/index.php?threads/65-gallon-log.161171/. --------------------------------- Ended up...
  2. Bandit13

FS Softie combo rock & frags

Portsmouth NH but can meet halfway if reasonable around sat or sun morning-ealry afternoon can ship, just message me and can get a quote usally $35-45 Combo rock (Green sinularia/ GSP / blue paly) $45 Green sinularia $20 GSP $5 Devils hands leather $10
  3. Bandit13

FS Soft Coral for Sale Can Ship

Got a bunch of softie coral, Local Pick up Portsmouth, NH or can ship overnight with Fed Ex Priority Overnight for flat fee of $25. can fit multiple frags in one 6x6x6 box. Will send largest frag i got or pick your own out, can ship mon-thurs for next day delivery. Local pickup around...
  4. Bandit13

FS Kenya / Zoas / Devil Hand / Sinularia / Anthelia / Shipped

Got some softie frags for pickup or shipped, payment methods are Paypal/venmo/cash or ebay Buy 2 take 5$ off / 3 take 10$ off / buy 4 take 15$ For Shipping: - Your going to have to buy via ebay, I get huge shipping discount when buying shipping via ebay. - 25$ for UPS next day air saver, can...
  5. Bandit13

WTB BOUGHT Tank

Ideally Looking for 24x24" tank with height around 12-18". Figured id check here before pulling the trigger on buying anything new. Doesn't need to be pristine condition but not looking for anything too beat up.
  6. Bandit13

Mystery Macro Algae?

Have this red algae or something growing in the grate of my frag basket. Never bought any macro or anything, just noticed it one day growing between the gate. Its in decent flow and has grown from an inch or two to what it is now. Reminds me of kelp we see around the seacoast in the NH
  7. Bandit13

Snorkeling Key West

Hey all! Recent trip to key west, did some off shore snorkeling with Fury Water Adventures. Did the double dip snorkel trip and would highly recommend it if anyone takes a trip down to the keys. We snorkeled Sand Key and Rock Key Reefs, also went from the beach on my own from Fort Zachary...
  8. Bandit13

WTB WTB Rarer BTA morph

Looking for some options on rarer bubble tip anemone color morphs. Currently have a load of rainbow BTAs, so no rainbow or greens. Thinking along the line of black widow/darth maul/ yellow/ etc. Willing to pickup or fine with shipping. Below is the rainbows i currently have. Have today and...
  9. Bandit13

Cause of Torch tentacles curled/bunched up

So my purple torch coral has several tentacles that are curled up/ bunched up. Its been growing fine for months and not sure when the tentcales started doing this. Is it just the way they look? maybe lighting? Frogspawn and other lps are fine so doubt its flow.
  10. Bandit13

65 gallon log

Been a while since I’ve posted/active on the the forum, mostly cause I broke my phone. The old iPhone 4s I had to use couldn’t handle Tapatalk app. Last June I had to move my old 40 gal reef tank to a new apartment and then ended up moving it again in November, it sucked! Things went south with...
  11. Bandit13

Jebao wp25 advice

I bought and have been running a wp25 to replace one of my wp10s that run on my jebao dual controller. The wp25 is acting kinda funky. I plug it in or take it out of feed mode and it will run strong like it is suppose to but after about 30-50seconds it's power goes way down. The power level...
  12. Bandit13

AI Hydra 26 mounting bracket

Backstory: The rapid par 38 bulb I had over frag tank burnt out last week so I had to replace it with one from my display. It was not terribly old (Christmas gift) but I believe it may have gotten wet leading to the failure. After looking at the warranty I found out they have a crappy...
  13. Bandit13

Dosing pump setup questions

I bit the bullet and ordered a jebao cp-4 dosing pump yesterday since manual dosing is causing to large of a swing in parameters. Since I've never had a dosing pump I got some simple questions regarding the setup. 1)can you install the dosing pump below the dosing location? For example can...
  14. Bandit13

40 breeder canopy build

The plan I'm more or less following is the first example on this helpful website http://www.reefaquarium.com/2013/building-aquarium-canopy/. Plan on using four pieces of 3"x4" pieces of 3/4" plywood for the "stilts" that will sit on the tank frame. These will be on the inside of the side and...
  15. Bandit13

Building aquarium hood

Gonna be building a hood for my 40 breeder and looking to hear folks thoughts. Planning on using some old barn boards for the hood, unless there is a better recommendation for construction material. Questions: How should I treat the wood to make it last against the salt water and not be toxic...
  16. Bandit13

Tank update

Figured I would do an update of the happenings with my tank. For a quick refresh it's a 40g breeder mixed reef with hob-skimmer and LED par38 bulb lighting. I got my frag tank up and running, built a new light stand, upgraded to jebao wp-10s, and moved some things around for starters. I'll...
  17. Bandit13

Leptastrea & pachyseris

Picked up two "micro" frags today, one blue leptastrea and one pachyseris (elephant skin coral). Looking for anyone with personal experience on these corals as to flow and lighting requirements. A lot of the info I've found so far is contradicting as to placement. Found an ok amount of info on...
  18. Bandit13

Long time lurker

Hello all, I'm coming to you from concord, NH. been in Reefing now for about 2 years and this is my current tank that's a little over a year old. However the LTA on the right was recently traded with the clowns for a sweet bubble coral (nem was getting way to big). All of the knowledge I've...
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back