Search results

1. R

Dilemma?

Hello, I have three tangs (hippo, yellow and kole) that have been in qt for 60 days. I was going to add them to my DT this week, but noticed by kole tang is developing a good size lump on his left side that runs vertically towards the back of him. I have been unsuccessful in getting a picture...
  2. R

What is this?

Hello, Anyone know what this is? It’s every where. I have been running GFO and everything is in check. I built an algae scrubber last week and it’s still clean. I tried uploading a video but it didn’t work. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. R

First algae scrubber

Just fished building my first algae scrubber and installing. Any thoughts? Or changes? Thanks Dana Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. R

Frozen fish food recommendations

Hello, I have been using the San Francisco Bay brand for about a year and generally like their products. However, they are becoming harder to find. Anyone have any recommendations on frozen blister pack foods? Thank you Dana Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. R

I got into this hobby, why???

This is the most expensive, rewarding, frustrating, I want to pull my hair out hobby I have ever got involved in. I set up my dream tank. Wired it and plumbed it so everything is neat and tidy. Took great pride in doing so. Started with dead, dry rock and sand. Set up a QT system. Did...
  6. R

How to catch a fish

What is the best way to catch fish quickly? I have an ich outbreak despite 30 day qt procedures. Have not been able to find a decent trap locally. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. R

Sick Wrasse

My wrasse is not doing well. He only swims in a vertical position and often is lying down and the back half of his body doesn’t move. I don’t want him to suffer but I don’t have the heart to end his misery. Any thoughts. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. R

Flame Angel spots

Grrr. So I added my flame angel to my DT after 30 days in Qt last night. Today he has two white spots that look more like parasites than ick. I cannot catch this little bugger to put him back in QT. Any thoughts? Hope the rest of fish are not doomed. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. R

Ocean Nutrition food

Hi all, Anyone use or have thoughts on Ocean Nutrition frozen foods? I like the fact that it’s made in the US. I have tried Omega and PE Mysis. Is their formula one mix good and does that provide better all around Nutrition than just a mysis offering? Thank you Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. R

Snail explosion

Holy smokes!!! I have a snail population explosion. Is this normal and how do I control this, if even possible. This picture is from only one rock. All of them are like this. Any thoughts? Thank you. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. R

Reeflo pump issue

Hello, This is my second Reeflo barracuda gold in the last 4 months. Today I noticed this near the shaft. Not sure what this is and any help would be greatly appreciated. Not impressed with these pumps. Any thoughts on a pump that will handle 19 feet of head pressure (my sump is in the...
  12. R

QT tank scenario

Hello, I have 3 fish in qt for about 40 days so far. Everything was going great until my hippo tang got a white spot on his head at around day 20. They have already been through prazipro for 7 days. So I added cupermine which killed my yellow tang. They have been through another round of...
  13. R

So confused

Ok, I used dead dried Marco rock, dead dry sand, all fish have been quarantined for 30 days.... where did this guy come from? is this a good thing? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. R

Apex programming assistance

Hello, I have 3 gen4 radions that I control through my reeflink, but my power is connected to my apex so I can shut them down due to temp issues. I want the power outlets to always be on unless the temp gets above 81. Does this programming look correct: Fallback ON Set OFF If Tmp > 81.0 Then...
  15. R

Setup under my display tank

Just finished the setup under my display tank. Now to start the programming. LOL. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  16. R

Return line ideas

Hello, Any ideas on ways to plumb my return lines? Made a few changes and the lock line cannot make the bend through the cut out on the overflow anymore. The picture shows my current setup while doing my leak test. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. R

Orchid dottyback mouth open

Ok so this falls under newbie and strange... I have a new orchid dottyback that I purchased from live aquaria. His mouth is always open and I have have not seen him close it even when eating. Is this normal? He is qt along with my royal gramma and azure damsel, water parameters are good...
  18. R

Help! Bit off more than I could chew

Hi all, So the old adage go big or go home...... Well I went big on my first saltwtaertank. A 180 gallon 6' DT on the first floor and all the pump, sump, etc in the basement. All schedule 80 see photo. Yesterday was going to be the start of my 24 hour leak test. Suffice to say it is on hold...
  19. R

BRS logo items

Where can I purchase some BRS logo items? Tshirt, sweatshirt, etc.
  20. R

Hello from a complete newbie

Hello, New to BRS and looking forward to setting up my first saltwater tank. Does anyone know of a really good aquarium store south of Boston? The best store I have found is Tropical Isle in Framingham (not close). Thanks and looking forward to the upcoming meeting.
Back