Search results

1. jtmac

Looking for white Portland

Anyone know where I could pick up some type 1 white Portland cement? southern NH or North shore only. Thanks.
  2. jtmac

In stock tanks

Hi, would you happen to carry larger size tanks in stock? Looking for a standard RR 180 or 210/220 with the 72” length. If not can you order? Feel free to pm a price quote. Thank you! John
  3. jtmac

LFS Stock

Hey, was looking to see which lfs carry larger size 180-220 gallon RR tanks FS. The one I visit can order one but wanted to check other shops as well. Thanks for the input! John
  4. jtmac

Custom tank

Hey everyone, Gonna be doing a tank upgrade soon and was wondering if there was anywhere local that does custom tanks? I’m basically looking for a 180g 72x24x25 with front panel low iron glass only. Corner overflows. Looking to spend between 1,200 and 1,500. I like glass cages but 200 for...
  5. jtmac

Rubbermaid stock tanks

Anyone have any experience or currently using a Stock tank as a sump?
  6. jtmac

Need a little help...

Hi everyone, my clown eggs are just about ready for hatching and I'm still not having any luck finding Rotifers. I had bought online, only for them to show up a day late, hot and I'm sure dead. I posted in the Marketplace with no luck. I can pick up north shore, Haverhill area, or southern NH...
  7. jtmac

Reef skimmer question

Looking to purchase the The Reef Octopus Regal 150 SSS Space Saver Protein Skimmer, but haven't heard much about it. Any reviews or opinions on this skimmer? I'm a big fan of the octopus and have had great success in the past with the INT 1000 but looking for a little more punch with the same...
  8. jtmac

Ro/di

Hi everyone, just thought I would ask around about the RO water at Jays aquatics. I have been getting mine there for months now and finally tested it the other day. Well it's not as great as I had hoped. It was registering at a 48 tDS. It's not as high as my tap water 228 but As you can imagine...
  9. jtmac

Holy snails!

So I got home late last night from work and decided to take a flashlight to the tank for s night viewing. I was blown away with what I saw. Literally 1000's of baby snails from the 3 varieties that I have. Now I know I have had good luck with having the snails breed but not to this extent. They...
  10. jtmac

Best GFO

Hey ya'll, any recommendations on whats the best GFO to use on a 120g system? There is so many out there so I dont want to get a crappy one. Thanks for any recommendations. Johnny
  11. jtmac

Need advice for flow upgrade

I was looking to upgrade my wave makers and wanted to ask a few questions first First of I have a 54G corner reef. Its a b**** to keep flow correct and wanted fix this. Forget the 400.00 pumps, not going to happen but what I am leaning toward it the wp10 series. 2 Jebao WP-10P aquarium...
  12. jtmac

Looking for...

Actuall dimensions of a aqueon 120g tank. Not just the standard answer of 48x24x24. I need to know including the black Frame, LxW only. If you have this tank and can hook me up so i can start building my stand I would appreciate it!!! Thanks in advance. Johnny
  13. jtmac

FYI on $1 gallon sale

Just got word from a clerk at petco that they will be running there $1.00 a gallon sale starting the 28th and it will run for 2 weeks. Thought I would share.
  14. jtmac

Where to get

Hi everyone, Does anyone have any suggestions on where I could pick up local a AGA 120g non reef ready tank? I want to drill it myself and make a peninsula out of it but not having much luck locating one. North shore of sea coast NH pref. I know I can order one at a few shops but want to...
  15. jtmac

Looking for opinions...

Hello everyone and happy turkey day! I am currently in the planning stages of my dream tank, a custom peninsula style tank. I'm having trouble making up my mind between a 120g 48x24x24 and a 150g 60x24x25. The difference is about 400.00. I would also like to know is people feel that starphire is...
  16. jtmac

Best place to buy a tank

After almost 15 years of reefing I'm Starting to plan out my dream system and decided on a 120g 4x2x2. The catch is it's going to be a peninsula tank with wrap around granite counter for seating. So with that being said I would like to stay away of acrylic for several reasons and go with a lower...
  17. jtmac

Clams and LED's

Does Anyone have a clam under LED's? I want to to put one on my wish list but unsure since this time around I'm using LED instead of MH. If so could u please share any wisdom? Thanks!! John
  18. jtmac

My 54 corner set up and progresion thread

Just set up a 54 corner tank last week. I bought the tank set up used from another member. I did some major work on the stand to raise it up and built a canopy for it. I am running 165w LED's on this set up vs MH that i have used on other set ups. Still need to buy a skimmer but still have some...
  19. jtmac

Clownfish question

This may sound stupid to some but was wondering if I could add a new little per clown fish to a 29 gallon tank that already has one in it. I have had 2 for the past 10 years but last month one past away. I would really like to give him some company but only want another clown. Any thoughts? Thanks!!
  20. jtmac

FTS and others June 2011

system is a 90g http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.214390891925042.58217.100000623979684
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back