Search results

1. K

Wife's away tank setup

Does the club have a couch someplace in case somebody needs a place to crash? Asking for a friend
  2. K

Free Free coral

That sucks. Most of those are pretty durable corals. Another option is a water change and keep on keeping on. We have all had our failures in this hobby. We learn from them Best of luck
  3. K

180 gallon finally finished cycling, looking to add a tang with other sailfin tang and foxface rabbitfish, or a school of cardinals

It sounds like he has another tank set up already and he wants to move a large sailfin from that into the 180.
  4. K

Excess DIY food

I make my food with a bag of frozen mixed seafood from Aldi's, some salmon and a bag of shrimp. Pop it in the food processor and then put them in freezer bags. They'll last for you quite a long time.
  5. K

Aiptasia

Are stripey's reef safe?
  6. K

Aiptasia

I know somebody in Connecticut who's looking to trade some berghias for aptasiarock
  7. K

WTB Purple sponge

I've got some in Griswold Connecticut which is probably about 40 minutes away from you.
  8. K

WTB Purple sponge

9. K

Sold GIGANTIC Colorado Sunburst Anemone (CSB)

I think Mark is going to have some available at the Coral college show this weekend
  10. K

Ann. Joseph A. Venuti Jr. Scholarship Fund Announcement

Absolutely fantastic!
  11. K

Ann. Big Announcement: 2023 Coral College - December 9th!

This is what it's all about! Looking forward to being there!
  12. K

Possible breakdown on MV. Anyone interested?

Good luck with the health issues
  13. K

Corner

If it was me I would look into using something like a JB weld. I would read the package, clean up the area to be patched. Then stand the tank as it would normally be on a flat surface with a piece of wax paper (so you don't adhere the tank to the stand) underneath that corner and then press the...
  14. K

Corner

I would second the epoxy concept. It's going to be much stronger than plastic. Just make sure all the surfaces are clean.
  15. K

FS FULL Tank sale

That's a great size tank, and a great price for a full running system. must be hard to part with. Good luck with everything
  16. K

How to be sure my floor will hold?

Then make it a closet for her. I'm sure she can use storage for her business. Win/win
  17. K

Just put in the closet in the room underneath the tank. The wall will cut the span of the floor joists and carry the weight. It also gives you room for fish room underneath. If you put a single door all the way to the side you're not taking away that much wall space from your wife's office area...
  18. K

That's a perfect situation. Build her a walk-in closet for her office and then turn it into a fish room. I mean it's a big room. What could go wrong?
  19. K

Shareba picture of the basement space. Quite frankly I know people who have had 180s in the same situation that you're talking about with no additional support and no issues. This is a good post for a larger forum like r2r. Things that influence the decision is how big the floor joists are, how...
  20. K

Have you always wanted to add that 6-ft closet or some open shells frame with 2x4s in that basement room? A contractor should be able to take a look at how your house is constructed and help you out. Good luck
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back