Search results

1. karina97

Brown/yellow stain on tank silicon

I'm getting ready to set up a 93 gallon cube tank. Ive noticed that there's done brown/ yellowish discoloration on the silicon? Is it safe to use this tank?
  2. karina97

Yellow tail trigger

Today I noticed that my yellow tail trigger has some discoloration around his face. Should I be concerned?
  3. karina97

Ammonia remover

Can I use a ammonia remover on my mixed reef tank? If so what brand should I use
  4. karina97

Setting up new tank

I have a 34 gallon non drilled cube that I'm planning on setting up next week. I have two options to choose from get an overflow box and sump or buy a hob skimmer and fuge. Which of the options would be better suited for a mixed reef set up
  5. karina97

Help fish with Cloudy eye

One of the eye on my blue face angel is cloudy I started to use melifix on Monday and it looked like it was clearing up but it's coming back. Any tips on what I should do next? Is it a fungus or a parasite
  6. karina97

Melifix and clams

I'm using melifix to treat my blue face angel in my mixed reef tank. 3 out 4 clams are now closed and the 4th one has retreated all the way in but not closed. Ive never seen it do something like that. Does anyone have or treated their with clams with melifix?
  7. karina97

Orp question

For the past few day my orp reading is between 580-610 should I be worried? Or is my orp probe defective or how do they go bad?
  8. karina97

Back up power for tank

Has anyone attempted to use a deep cycle battery and a inverter to run the heater and circulation pump to keep your tank going during power outage? I've been thinking of tring this out before I start iwas wondering if anyone has done this. I currently have a back up battery set for my mp40 that...
  9. karina97

Might be getting ick

It looks like my fishes are getting it any tips on what to use or do to treat them?as of now there all eating and swimming around and all the fish look fat and heathy
  10. karina97

Something hitting my glass

Ive been hearing a tapping noise coming from my reef tank. It's sounds like something is striking the tank but i can't find where it's coming from. I have few emerald crabs and Halloween crabs and one pistal shrimp
  11. karina97

How to drill a acrylic sump

I want to drill an acrylic sump so that I can run any external pump any tips on how to do this?
  12. karina97

Ph question

My ph keeps dropping and staying around 8.0 Ive been adding reef builder to raise it to 8.30 but after a day or two it drops to 8.0 my alk is 10.1 cal 450 mag 1350
  13. karina97

Green and red brain coral bleaching

I picked up a healthy open brain coral yesterday from a brs member that w using a pc lighting. Last night I placed the brain into my tank with just the atincs turned on. The coral opened and seemed fine. When I got home tonight I noticed the the brain has bleached to the point that you can see...
  14. karina97

How can I drop my alk

My alk reading at is 17.2 dkh how can I drop it with out harming the tank? I'm using a calcium reactor
  15. karina97

corals bleaching

for the last few day my corals have then bleaching out from the bottom to the top. I've done 10% water change. Cal is at 420, Mag 1320, Alk 130, Nitrate .01, Ammonia 0. I'm running 2 150 watt MH for 9 hours along with 2 96 watt PC for 12 hours. Can anyone help?
  16. karina97

Help awful smell from my reef

Couple of day ago I toke the rocks out of my tank for several hours to rearrange them. Once I was done my skimmer was foaming out of control and for the past two days my tank smells as if your standing right next to the ocean. Does anyone have any idea to what's going on?
  17. karina97

back up heater

has anyone been able to hook up a heater to a back up battery incase of power outage?
  18. karina97

aqua medic vs. coralife MH

hello I own two 48" MH fixtures, the first one is a aqua medic starlight 2x 150watt 14000k bulbs. The second fixture is a coralife pro 48" 2x 150 watt MH 14000k and 2x 96watt power compact. My question is witch of these fixture is better. When i put them over my 72 bow front the Aqua medic does...
  19. karina97

Mega flow Question

Does anyone know what's the size of the return of the mega flow ket for the 75 gallon tank? Is it 3/4 or 1/2
  20. karina97

65 gallon tank cracked on the bottom

I have a 65 gallon tank the has a 4" hairline crack on the bottom. Is there any way that it can be fixed?
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back