Search results

1. S

WTB 250W metal halide fixtures

Still looking for 1 or more 250w ballasts btw.
  2. S

Very worried. It's definitely one of the reasons the stuff is so cheap. I do have faith that SOMETHING reasonable will always be available. I'll initially try to stock up on popular bulbs that are still floating around and see how long I can push it out, but even now theres a bulb by reef brite...
  3. S

Thanks! Dong hooked me up with ballasts and reflectors. I still need one or two more ballasts and am considering someone else on R2R who just posted a couple selectable luxcores. He's also selling some pretty decent reflectors cheap so I may grab them as well...
  4. S

Looking to buy 3 metal halide fixtures reflectors ballasts etc. Would prefer single ended.
  5. S

WTB 61 inch aquaticlife hybrid fixture w/ 24" endplates

As the title states. Looking to buy a 61 inch aquaticlife LED/TV fixture with the extensions to make it 24 inches wide.
  6. S

FS Who’s looking for a big tank??? 280 gallon 72x36 footprint peninsula

Oh yeah Tsunami is right. I just mean the tank in that facebook listing is like ~235 gallons rather than 280.
  7. S

Yeah I think it's confusing because the gallonage is kinda far off.
  8. S

Really? Here's what I was considering from Tsunami. That doesn't have an external overflow but I think it's not a huge cost (it actually might be the same cost). I did chat with the guy selling that tank, he seemed very nice trust worthy enough. I really did consider it (or still am, whatever)...
  9. S

Plumbing horizontal runs inside an internal wall

Ok great. I was worried in a full syphon there might be some pressure but I suppose it's not enough to be an issue.
  10. S

This space is actually between an already finished room and a space that is getting finished at the moment.
  11. S

This is actually the exact footprint I'm looking for but for me I just don't have enough to risk a tank that I don't know it's origins or who made it. I still get tempted from time to time but I think I'll just go with a new acrylic from tsunami that u can get exactly to my specifications for a...
  12. S

Question for all of you more knowledgeable than me. I just realized that the 1.5" couplings I used are dwv. I realize that the d is for drain and these are indeed drains but I'm not sure this is the same thing. Should I worry about this? Second bit of excitement, I came home to find the wall...
  13. S

Ooh, pipe of the same diameter. I don't know why but I was picturing putting a smaller 18" pipe inside the bigger one and having it stick out somehow. I kept getting confused why if you tried to fill up the 18" segment above the elbow you wouldn't just have water spill out the big pipe. I gotcha...
  14. S

Ok the cap idea is good. I'm not sure I understand the point of the 18" piece of pipe, is that just so I can fill the pipe I'm trying to test? I reread your comment and the rest is clear to me now. I ended up doing mostly J-hooks because I ended up needing the buffer they give in the back to...
  15. S

Ok so a modest level of progress. Drain lines are in. Is there a reasonable way to test if they are water tight? I had to join two straight pipes with a coupling which sounds very easy but still I wouldn't mind just checking before the boards go up. Can I cap the ends and fill they with water or...
  16. S

Ok cool so then I'll just use those to have them line up and down the stud 3 drains then 2 returns. The exit from the wall will be at approximately 30 inches which I think should be ok for most setups
  17. S

So 1/4 inch per foot or 1 inch per foot? Right now it drops 4 inches over 10 feet so like nearly 2/5 inch per foot.
  18. S

So is it a mistake to do it this way where I just run all three drains on the same large hook? I'm considering going to buy ones that fit the pipe more precisely and just lining them up the wall but I worried about how much space that would take.... I guess as long as the hooks for each pipe are...
  19. S

Thanks for your thoughts on this. Maybe this is a good choice and then I can just lay like a plastic tarp in that space that tilts down a little or I can even just kind of put the gutter on the ground and tilt it towards the stairs that way. I know it's unlikely to leak but the prospect for...
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back